Isaac
Years ago

Wollongong Hawks sign Daniel Jackson

Daniel has spent the current off-season with the Mackay Meteors in the Queensland Basketball League. After a slow start to the season, Jackson found his feet and has put together consistent and strong performances the past two months. He is currently averaging 14.3 points and 5.8 rebounds per game for the Meteors.

Jackson's addition is the fifth signing for the Wollongong ahm Hawks 2009/10 roster, joining Glen Saville, Mat Campbell, Cameron Tragardh and new signing Tim Behrendorff.
Full article

Topic #20505 | Report this topic

Mr bEn  
Years ago

This is a bargain basement signing to get a body on the roster and nothing else.

For somebody who was part of an NBL bench last season, he has done little to impress me here in QLD.

Reply #243807 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think you're right. Might be a gradual developer?

Reply #243810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 23 player.

Reply #243813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats what i thought as well

Reply #243818 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good point '813 - had overlooked that.

Reply #243828 | Report this post

Forro  
Years ago

hawks need decent import maybe someone like breakers old forward derrick alston

Reply #243862 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

daniel jackson - isn't he from stargate ???

Reply #243878 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Michaels' brother....

Reply #243950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really would have thought there was someone better on offer for the Hawks. Jackson had his two season's with the team and shows little other than a three-point shot.

His Mackay team mate Todd Blanchfield is 18 and putting up 22 and 8. Maybe Scott Cook or John Fitzgerald from Mackay as well... Adrien Sturt, Marcus Ng, Daniel Dillon, Jordan Dodman. All in my opinion would offer a little more. Carlin Hughes even

Reply #243959 | Report this post

kcgone  
Years ago

Great signing, doubters get ready, as under Gordie he will have a breakout season.

Given little chance with previous coach.

We should get Casey FRANK, Larry "the Pirate " and Damien back and then we only need a Pt and shooting Guard imports

Reply #244004 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:20 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754