Isaac
Years ago

36ERS host Bullets for Friday night elimination

This Friday night, the 36ERS are set to face the Brisbane Bullets in Adelaide at the Dome. The winner will move on to the semi-finals while the loser has an early start to their holiday.

The Bullets last night fought their way past the Hunter Pirates and have a single day of rest before the big game.

Adelaide boast three of the league's top ten scorers in Willie Farley, Dusty Rychart and Brett Maher and won the last match-up against Brisbane, but will likely face a Bullets team who this time have regained the services of Derek Rucker.

If Adelaide can get strong games from two of their three key players, and stop Kerle and Rucker from getting their outside shots up, they should safely progress to the next round.

Tickets are available from Venue*Tix outlets and the Dome, plus on game night.

Topic #2051 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

BIG mistake to throw the Cairns game!

Reply #23114 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Should be a hell of a game with rucker back- expect a scoreline of 138-137 (who wins?)

Reply #23115 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would you rather play Melbourne or Brisbane? (Assuming Tigers beat Wildcats.)

I'd rather Brisbane. I wouldn't expect Egan to score 19 again, or Matthews to shoot 60%+ free throws again. Also, they get one day off and I can't imagine that's good for Rucker's injury.

It could go either way as always, but I like our chances for this one. Remember Farley in the 2002 finals? 27+ PPG.

Reply #23117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One day off would take more of a toll on the old guys from Melbourne.

Reply #23124 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Melbourne have always been the thorn in our side.

We simply struggle with their size.

I would rather play Brisbane as we match up better plus they are a live an die on the 3 point line too.

Plus we then match up better against Sydney as opposed to the Gong.

Our only win over the gong was by 2 in OT. We beat Sydney comfortably twice during the season.

Reply #23128 | Report this post

Rucker Looms  
Years ago

Don't forget that when we played Brisbane a couple of weeks ago they were coming off a hard fought overtime loss to Melbourne the night before, didn't have Rucker and had several players in foul trouble and still led for most of the game.

Saying that, I'd still rather play them that Melbourne with the Gaze's potentially retiring. Should be a great game tomorrow night.

Go You Sixers!

Reply #23138 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

C'MON!

Want to see Dusty blitz, Kerle foul out, Farley jam it over Brannen and Maher pick Black's pocket all night. The Rees hit a trey!

Reply #23147 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Adelaide will win big, too may weapons, whilst Brisbane's are to easily shut down.

Rucker not enough time to recover, Matthews ordinary import, Brannen gives poor production and kerle will only get the crowd going. Contain Black and Sixers will roll!

Throwing the Cairns game was a great tactic. To much emotion in the other side of the finals tree, with Grace, Gaze(?), and even Pat Reidy retiring!

Reply #23168 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Rucker is carrying a calf injury. My guess is last night's game will have aggravated it and he won't be as effective tomorrow night.

Reply #23170 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I'd rather play Brisbane. We've struggled with Melbourne's size ever since the white David Robinson left town (that game he played against Melbourne at the "Powerhouse" will forever be etched in my memory. Watched it from a hotel room in Bankstown and man, he kicked a...).

Reply #23180 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:32 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754