Camel 31
Years ago

Hollywood Seats

It is the best idea that I've ever heard.

Besides the view, the publicity is absolutely fantastic.

If there's a VIP, MP ,Celebrity in town - take 'em to the game.

As a prize - via the media - extrordinary.

Well done - perfect.

Topic #20516 | Report this topic

Tipo  
Years ago

Meh, 550 bucks is a farce for a glorified abl comp

Reply #243965 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

I gotta feeling there's a few well paid Adelaide media people , also that are gonna go and sit in the Hollywood seats.

Reply #243966 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Tipo - some people will pay that. And if they don't - how excited will the random fans be when they get upgraded

Reply #243967 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Hell, I'm gonna definitely get them at least once. Gotta keep em exclusive.

Reply #243968 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Wow, I didn't realise that there are 'courtside' and then 'Hollywood' (only skimmed over Isaac's thread).

Sorry to go off on a petty tangent, but I have to say, I'm a little disappointed with them being called 'Hollywood' seats. I know Brisbane used to have them and I've always kinda hoped that if we did have them here, they wouldn't be given that title. It's just sounds cheesy to me, and it certainly won't do any faours in shaking the 'NBA lite' tag we get quite often. That's just IMO though, so maybe I'm in the minority.

Back on track, does anyone know where these seats will be (opposite the benches or next to the score bench) and how many will be sold per game? At $550, it'll be interesting to see if they are snapped up or not, because that is way too much for a ticket to an NBL game, no matter which way you look at it.

I hope I didn't come off as too negative. ;D

Reply #243973 | Report this post

mayhems  
Years ago

The more people talk about them, the better it is for the 6ers, and basketball in general. Bring it on.

Reply #243974 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Agreed, why 'Hollywood' seats?

(the name that is)

Reply #243975 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Perfect idea for Birthday present etc for bball fans. The exclusivity aspects works well. But the price is waaaay to expensive IMO id make them much more affordable say $200 max. The 6ers unlike the Lakers just arent that hot a ticket around town to be charging $550. And until the NBL gets back to that glory era of the 90's no media personalities will care that much to be seen in them, not at that price.

That said, id be more than happy to be proven wrong and i hope they have a list of people waiting to buy a seat!

Reply #243978 | Report this post

Chewy  
Years ago

$550 a seat? Jeez, I'm very loose with my money, and even I see this as a rip off.

Last year I went to a Lakers game at Staples Center. Row 3, centre court behind the media bench. I paid close to $500 USD for this ticket. This was not the face value of the ticket, rather an inflated price from a ticket seller such as Barry's Tickets and Stubhub.

$500 USD, at the same was approximately $575 AUD give or take $25 AUD.

Now, you're saying that for a courtside seat, let me rephrase that, "Hollywood" seat, you have to pay $550? Rip off......

$550 to sit courtside at a 36ers game watching the NBL, a sub par mediocre basketball league. A little over $550, centre court a few rows from courtside within 10 metres, if that, from Jack, watching the Lakers, the best team in the NBA, the best league in the world. Hmm, I know which one I'd choose.............

Reply #243979 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's not meant to be affordable. That's the point.

Reply #243980 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

$550 a seat are you kidding??? Seriously???

Brisbane were selling them for $100 a game a few seasons ago. I thought that was a reasonable price. I certainly wouldn't be inclined to pay any more than that!

Reply #243981 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

Isaac, if its not meant to be affordable then what is the point.

Personally i cant see them selling those tickets every game. Again personally i think it will look worse having those seats vacant but it will get people talking at the game "what are those seats.....etc" Then they will enquire and find out they are $550 each and then they will "fall off their seat" if you know what i mean.

This post sounds very negative but i am just putting some thoughts out there. I wonder if they have thought about the liability of having those seats in that location (i presume they are at the entrance end just behind the basket at court level). I believe there could be liability issues there if a player or spectator gets injured. The number of times you see a player stumbling out of court into that area.

Reply #243983 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

These seats were $150 a pop at the brisbane games and I can't remember them selling out.

Reply #243985 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I dont see what all the fuss is about, if they are too expensive for you then dont buy them. The Blaze have 4 tickets on the team bench for each game as well - can be bought for the season @ $5500.00 each!!

Yeah its massivly expensive and I agree with Isaac in that I dont think they are designed to be 'affordable' and purchased by someone for each game, rather they will be used for promotions and competitions.

Makes it pretty easy to talk up a comp on radio/TV when you can spriuk the seats as being valued at $500 each and 'as close to the actions as the coaches'

And Chewy - half your luck with the Lakers seats, Id certainly be with you in choosing those tickets over paying $500.00 to see the Sixers, just have to work out how we move the Staples Centre into the Parklands somewhere ;)

Reply #243986 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I only remember paying $75 for the Hollywood seats in Brisbane, Hey Statman.

Reply #243991 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

They discounted the Brisbane tickets Sturty as they know that both you Statman will drink over $100 each in beer.

Reply #243995 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Chewy, row 3 at a 36ers game is less than a tenth of that NBA equivalent.

The Hollywood Seats name is something that should evoke that thought of Jack Nicholson at Lakers games, but I do share Twenty Four's view on the name and the American tie-in being a risk.

Statman, you got it - competition prizes, etc.

Reply #243997 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Do you get free piss in the Hollywood seats??

Reply #243998 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

i dont like the glare from those courtside seats anyway..... but i love the name and the fact that its a talking point. Maybe they should give a few as a promo to the hottest celebrities in town on game night...if we could identify some. Maybe Po likes basketball?? Then it could become a point of interest- Who's in the Hollywood seats tonight? Failing that thinly disguised lookalikes could be fun- Hey Jack Nicholson and Paris Hilton are here tonight.
Its all good speculation and potential media interest at minimal cost.

Reply #244000 | Report this post

Starks  
Years ago

As long as the seats are filled with competition winners etc every game then it isn't a problem.
If the seats are mostly vacant game after game, then we have a problem.
Suck it and see, I guess.

Reply #244001 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Yeah Sturty - I think it was 75 a pop when we went. Maybe TR has it correct and we were susidides, was well worth it to be able to have a 'chat' with my mate Mick Hill from close up ;)

Reply #244003 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

The very first thing I thought of , Isaac -=
Jack Nicholson at the Lakers game.

( Maybe Ryan Fitzgerald and Cornsey sitting with the listeners that won the prize.)

Burston with a small unseen lighter ignites the alley-ooped ball mid-air and dunks it.

Reply #244008 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Guys, I only ever sat Hollywood at Bullets games and I can tell you they weren't $100 or $150 or anything else- they were $85 in regular season and they were only ever $150 in Finals.
Those seats were the exact equivalent of sitting directly opposite the team on the bench- they were that close and to get more than 2 seats together was a challenge most weeks- they were easily the most popular seats every week.
They were naturally more than regular tickets, but no so exorbitantly priced that they were empty every week- like I said, they sold out every week- sometimes right up until the final season, we had to book them a month in advance.

Reply #244025 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think there'd be room at the Dome for that exact location HAHA unless they removed the scrolling signage. My suggestion (in addition to the Hollywood Seat plan) was Baseline Courtside for $80, only available on a game-by-game basis, and obviously leaving space for the dancers, photographers and floor-wipers.

Reply #244028 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I'm liking that idea.
(Just wanted to clear up the confusion about the pricing stated in Brisbane)

Reply #244029 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Do you think the previous owner will renewing his 'Hollywood Seat' for this season? I am assuming those seats at the end of the bench will be the Hollywood seats?

Reply #244030 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I'd be surprised if many seats were actually sold, as opposed to being offered as comp prizes and promotional material. I think that's probably deliberate though - a prize could have $2200 value (4 seats) when the true value is probably something like $400 - $500 total.

Smoke and mirrors, but I like the idea. The organisation will get mileage out of it, without having to dip into any actual seating.

Reply #244033 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jake, they might be even better than that spot.

Reply #244034 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Suspended from Ye Olde Scoring Cube?

Reply #244037 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Isaac - Could the seats not be placed between the Signage and the Seats. There is a good 2-3 metres room there.

Reply #244038 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skip, maybe. Either way, $80 is a great price point for gifts and so on - sprinkle some seats around at that price and I think they'd do well. Not that you have anything to complain about in your own Hollywood Seat!

Loco, skybox!

Reply #244039 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

The NBA allows seating between the players' bench and the scorers' table. Could be there if they put max 4 or 6 seats?

Reply #244044 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

skip, there's plenty of room there but those signs are pretty big to be sitting behind - may defeat the purpose.

flatshot, lol, a Jack Nicholson look-alike contest would be good.

Oh and I call a hollywood seat for the game we play Russell Hinder :P

Reply #244047 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Next to the coach in that spot there, isn't it.

Reply #244048 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Where thedoctor mentions. (Sorry, I was typing the same time as Xztatik).
I'm just trying to recall - players bench and scoretable. Does the coach sit on that end. If so wouldn't be a bad spot to be sitting Hollywood.

Reply #244050 | Report this post

mayhems  
Years ago

This is the text from the promo material I received today via email;

Hollywood Seats
" Up to 8 available per game, sit next to the coaches courtside. This is the closest ticket to any professional sports
league in Australia and truly a unique experience and a great gift or reward for someone special.
Investment: $550 per seat per game

Sounds like it's somewhere around the scoretable and the bench from that - maybe 4 seats either side of the scoretable?

Reply #244053 | Report this post

Number 44  
Years ago

I'm thinking someone at the Sixers has done a "Westpac NZ" Stuff Up and put the decimal point in the wrong place. $55.00 sounds more reasonable to me.

Reply #244092 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Hope the Hollywood seet occupants dont get mouthy at the refs!

Reply #244275 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:17 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754