Flanders
Years ago

BSA - same old, same old

We keep hearing that BSA are doing a better job and that the sport is moving forward.

Last saturday morning I spent over 2 hours in a car driving to Starplex to findout BSA hadn't bother to appoint ref's, send up the score sheets, or even bother to notify the clubs that games weren't being played.

This was in the U12 div 2 competition. If they expect families to comtinue in the sport, surely they should get their act together.

Topic #20534 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm trying to let them know that some of the scores are wrong from the last round. Every time I click on send a message to notify of errors I end up no where I wanted to be. I guess I'll keep quiet and take the score!

Reply #244271 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

OUCH! I wouldn't be overly happy about that

Reply #244321 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

What was the reason for their cancellation, out of curiosity?

Reply #244342 | Report this post

Flanders  
Years ago

Not sure, haven't heard back yet. Nobody turned up to explain why there wasn't games.

Reply #244344 | Report this post

me3  
Years ago

Div 3 ladder is also wrong check out the team that is in third and their %

Reply #244363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats because it is sorted on points and not %

Reply #244373 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

No, it's sorted on Winning%, but it sorts Score% backwards. Same for the teams at the bottom.

Reply #244384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are some crazy things with these ladders especially in U10's. In Div 2 you have teams who have played 4 games for the season and they will probably end up taking finals spots from teams who have been there for the whole season and not dropped down form Div 1. Also one team has scored less points from the same number of games as another but is ranked higher on the table due to win/loss %. How does that work - they have forfeited 3 games which gives them zero points but doesn't affect their win %.

Who thinks of these things??

Reply #244419 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:08 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754