Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Shaq out for the year (probably not)

I've got Alonzo Mourning in a fantasy team and read this note on his profile today:

Feb 23 With Shaquille O'Neal out for the year, Mourning would likely have a bigger role should he sign with the Heat as expected.
Recommendation: Don't expect 30-plus minutes per game, but 25 might be necessary if Mourning can handle it.

Has anyone heard anything? I know he tweaked his knee but I can't find anything official that says he's out for the year.

It's a huge blow if he is and a real shame, 'cause I was really looking forward to seeing the big Diesel take it up to the Western Conference foes in the Finals.

Topic #2057 | Report this topic

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

He isn't going to be out for the year, on ESPN, they were saying that the team trainer wasn't to concerned about the degree of the injury. He is getting an MRI, but don't think it will be that drastic a result

Reply #23183 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Latest from NBA.com is that he will be out for a max of 2 weeks - but they are still waiting on the MRI

Reply #23216 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure he's having his MRI done today, as they said Thursday USA time. Should be on NBA.com later today I expect.

Reply #23222 | Report this post

Satish Dogra  
Years ago

We do know one thing about Shaq's MRI - he is going to fill up a fair bit of space in the machine.

Anyone of anything close to normal size who's had an MRI would know how claustrophobic those machines can be. It would be a cozy fit indeed with a 7ft 340 pound monster in there.

Reply #23230 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:18 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754