Anonymous
Years ago

36ers Game Night Player Introductions

I would just like to express my feelings about the way the 36ERS enter the court about 20mins from tip-off.

A few Years back when the team entered they were introduced individually and the whole dome was pitch black with a few spotlights and music playing (Beautiful People), the team also ran through a cloud of smoke. For me this was the highlight of my night!

The suspense and the entertainment of this entrance really had the crowd going and by Turning all the lights off and having the smoke really made it seem more "professional" than the last few seasons where they have just run in.

I know it may seem like a small thing to some but the entertainment value for me, my family and my friends was fantastic. It was almost like we were at an NBA game. Last year just felt asthough there was no suspense or entertainment to the entrance. Not to mention the crowd was really rocking after it.

I pay to watch the team, and absolutely love the Sixers! I love everything about Basketball and really love it when my team puts on a show!

I would love to see this brought back. Pitch black dome with some spotlights going, some smoke machines, and some pump up music playing for the entrance.

What does everyone else think?

Topic #20594 | Report this topic

EntranceMusic  
Years ago

I still think a great song for intro's would be:

Hilltop Hoods - The Captured Vibe

Kicks in at 0:50 mark.

There is a version of this on the album with lyrics so maybe even see if you could secure the guys to perform it live for the season opener?

They are local Adelaide guys after all.

Just a suggestion.

Reply #245032 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ideally, it'd go from that sort of introduction to the anthem and then Thunderstruck tip-off, but they have to gradually put the lights back on and then have a specific timeframe dedicated to warm-ups. IMO, that kinda kills the momentum a bit and makes it seem a bit cheesy to me but I'm sure others like it.

Reply #245034 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

I still love the theme from the movie Colors !

Reply #245037 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

Whatever is done, the intro revamp must be done! Lets face it, it wont take to much to get how ever many thousand fans who are die hards to get those goosebumps going! Id steer clear of the smoke (fireworks stuff), but to use the excuse the lights take to long to regenerate doesnt sit well with me....ITS WORTH IT if this club/league is to move forward into this century!

Reply #245039 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I like that to move forward into this century, we potentially have to return to smoke and no electric lighting!

Reply #245043 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I think having the lights off and them running onto the court only happened the first game of the season and playoff games if I remember correctly.

Reply #245048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey,

It used to happen every game a few seasons ago.

I beilieve its important to bring it back!

Reply #245049 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

This is just a thought and I don't know how financially viable it would be but my idea is that lights are out. With a projector facing downwards onto the court with maybe a 5 second highlight reel of each player before there name flashes on the court. Then that player enters. Probably it would only be done for the starting five and the bench all enters together. You would have loud music and spot lights racing around all over the place. Just an idea but I would think that would get the crowd going. You could have 4 or 5 different clips for each player so that it doesn't get to old.

As for the problem with lighting surly they could fit the dome with enough fluro's to make the dome light enough to at least begin the warm ups while the main lights warm up.

Just a thought

Reply #245050 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Using the Hilltop Hoods gets my thumbs up...

Reply #245053 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

I wouldnt be afraid to be called copy cats and just use whats been known as the some of the greatest intro music for a bball game ever....The Bulls Theme

Reply #245058 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Kinda offtopic but any chance of the Kurt Angle song being allowed this year. I'm sure it would've been a major discussion point at BA meetings.

Reply #245062 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The problem with that sort of intro is that the players are introduced about 20 minutes before tip off but the stadium is less than a quarter full at that time. Its only in the last 5 minutes or so that the stadium fills. You wouldn't really have a great effect if it was done with so few fans in attendance.

Reply #245063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players could allways do their warm ups, then go back into the rooms, Get introduced and then do some layups, National athem, then tipoff.

Reply #245064 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

Ec, perhaps there could be some kind of thing put in place to entice fans to get there earlier. A good chance for a retailer etc to have an entertainment book style voucher for fans that enter before 715 eg Rebel Sport who have 4 20% off vouchers in this years ent book could do this type of thing.

Point is, after a few games where people get decent vouchers, not only will they get there earlier, which leads to better atmosphere, but it becomes the culture of fans to do this. the longer the fans are at the stadium, the more contact time they have to get that extra food and drink. Its a positive snow ball effect.

Reply #245069 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yes the bulls music is fantastic. I can remember watching the bulls playoff games with MJ and that music just got me so excited.

I too like the dimmed lights but i thought the spotlighting was a little amateur in its use but the bugs could be worked out.

Reply #245070 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I am looking for a new intro song, so keep the ideas coming.

Reply #245072 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Agree with EC.

Samba, I thought a cheaper walk-up price for earlybirds could work - save $3 if you got there for the warm-up game. Or, maybe it was the same price, but you got $3 towards food/drinks within the Dome.

Reply #245075 | Report this post

moose 66  
Years ago

If we were to be having double headers next season, wouldnt alot of the fans be there to support the girls game before hand anyway?

Reply #245081 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hopefully there'd be more there, yes.

Reply #245082 | Report this post

aaronbrucefan  
Years ago

i agree with the hilltops idea. keep the music local aswell. it builds up the suspense. maybe 36ers could get the hilltop hoods to change the lyrics a bit and introduce the 36ers or something. gotta do something to give everyone goose bumps and get everyone pumped for tipoff IMO. it just adds that extra bit of professionalism that this new league needs

Reply #245115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you get the goosebumps going then its a much better atmosphere!

Bulls theme music is killer BTW!

Reply #245117 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Wasn't there an issue with getting the lights back up to temp afterwards?

Reply #245120 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah, could definately enjoy seeing and hearing the boys do warm ups to "chase that feeling" by the Hoods, then the lights come down for player intros.
After that, National Anthem (whilst lights are warming up again, and a spotlight on the teams, or even the have a display of the court name up on screen), 2 minutes coach pep talk, then THUNDERSTRUCK until we score our first basket...

Reply #245124 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Skip,
Anything aussie would be good, I am big for the Hilltop Hoods as well

Reply #245128 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DB5, not sure, but I think there might be some league-mandated structure that forces a certain amount of warming up just prior to the game (e.g., after introductions)?

Reply #245131 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Skip - Don't Stop Believin by Journey

Reply #245137 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

From memory, it takes the lights at least 10 minutes to fully light up.

Reply #245144 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

I believe there is also OH&S issues with turning the lights off. People could fall down stairs, etc.

Reply #245156 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Current Bulls intro:

Stadium Version:

Old School Bulls intro:

By looking at this video (Valparaiso Uni) I can't see why they could do something as simple.

My new favorite.. Still needs the BBBBB Billups.

Reply #245159 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That intro was at its peak with Big Ben and then a Sheed dance.

Sixers could even use each of those once or twice as a surprise tribute. Half the Dome would have no idea where it was from, but for the rest it'd be great - like NBA Jam comments out of the blue.

Reply #245165 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

If theres OH & S issues how come other places do it? You're saying its not dark at the movies or plays etc?

The dimming of the lights is a great idea, the league needs to bring back exitement, not make up excuses, change nothing and expect people to turn up, if it has been done before, it can be done again!

Intro>Anthem>3-min warm-up>Coach's last words>tip-off.
Enough time for the lights to come back on? Surely

Reply #245167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

movies and plays have aisle lighting

the Dome doesn't and can't due to they design of the venue

Reply #245169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it wasn't like the Dome was pitch black aside from the spotties on the floor - you could still see.

i like the idea - brought good atmosphere before the game

Reply #245173 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

That was Detroit's last season intro ;)

Detroit take a lot of pride in their pre-game introductions.

Reply #245175 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It was done a couple of years back, so it must be possible or was done despite some breach of regulations.

Worst case, get glow-in-the-dark tape!

Reply #245177 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Isaac I reckon you would have the skill set to be able to put something good/ quality together for the club for an intro in line with the Bulls one above. I don't know time / costs involved to create something like the Bulls intro but I would assume itwould be a one off cost unless changes are made. It may also attract more people to watch teh games over the internet.

It would be great if something can be created to add to the pre game entertainment. It would build the atmosphere before the tip off for sure.

Reply #245183 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Remember that they only have the big screen/projector, not a video cube. The first year I recommended the projector, they had an intro video and so on - I swear barely anyone realised it was up there and so it was just a lot of noise and a big delay for many people.

Reply #245184 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

okay...

Reply #245187 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

What if they all flew in Bruno style?

Reply #245190 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think that some team has to take the plunge and do a NBA-lite style of introduction. I think that once 1 team takes the plunge the rest will follow.....

That Bulls intro would probably cost the same as funding a third world country for 12 months. I don't think they need to go to that extreme, but I can't see why they can't do similar for the players introduction as Valparaiso University.

All they need to some cool music, light down enough to make a spot light effective (if they can't have complete darkness) and someone to call the starting 5 and give it some energy.

The player introduction has to be marketed properly, make it a big deal, make it something people want to see and incorporated it in the whole game entertainment.

This Suns one is nice..

This Nugs one is great. I like the changes in music..

Reply #245259 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:46 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754