Isaac
Years ago

Simmons: What do the Knicks have to offer LeBron?

While there is obviously a huge market there in NY, you have to admit that Bill Simmons has a reasonable point here:

Now, if someone can explain to me what's in it for LeBron to play for a 2010-11 Knicks team that won't have a 2010 lottery pick (remember, Utah has it), doesn't have a potential All-Star or low-post stud on its roster, and doesn't have the cap space we thought, I'd love to know.

From Simmons' article on ESPN: NBA always keeps you on your toes ('An ode to the NBA signing period and the best movie of the decade, "Almost Famous"')

Topic #20596 | Report this topic

Who Me!  
Years ago

He has almost convinced me on this!

You would really think he has a point that LeBron has a better chance of a title staying in Cleveland, or even signing for the Clippers.

A starting line-up of Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, LeBron James, Blake Griffin & Chris Kaman with Thornton, Jordan, Telfair, Camby and this year's Rookie (supposedly to be a really strong group) off the bench would be far better than anything New York could put on court, I would believe.

Reply #245106 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Exactly! If he wants more money and more fame then go to NY. If he actually cares about winning titles stay in Cleveland or go to a better team.

These players aren't know for their intelligence so I think we will see him in NY.

Reply #245118 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Simmons makes some valid points.
Cleveland have built a good team around Lebron. Even though I am skeptical of the Shaq trade and overpaying Varejao, I do like the additions of Parker and Moon. Thats a solid 8-9 player rotation.

C - O'Neal/Ilgauskas
PF - Varejao/James/Hickson
SF - James/Moon
SG - West/Parker
PG - Williams/Gibson

Compared with what the Knicks currently have:
C - Milicic/Curry
PF - Lee/Harrington/Hill (R)/Jeffries
SF - Harrington/Gallinari/Chandler
SG - Hughes/Mobley (?)
PG - Duhon/Robinson/Douglas (R)

Most of the Knicks roster is overpaid, except Lee (another story in itself!!)

They are already fairly stocked at the 3 which would mean fire sales of those players when Lebron joins.

Cleveland have better C's, and a better backcourt. And they are already top 3 East as opposed to bottom 3.

We will learn more about Lebron when he makes this decision....

Sene

Reply #245121 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Oops forgot about Sene (but I guess that isnt hard to do!)

Reply #245122 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Seriously other than Shaq, Knicks and Cavs roster are practically the same without Lebron in either one of them. Cavs roster only looks better because Lebron's in it (Cavs without Lebron is like a cockroach running around without its head).

Lebron at Knicks will get to play with d'Antoni (better for his stats), while his signing will also attract guys like Bosh and even more so Stoudamire; even Nash has been in the talk.

At the end of the day if Knicks can attract another major piece then I think Lebron will be in a much better situation.

Reply #245319 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:28 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754