Isaac
Years ago

Smyth explains position on radio

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Topic #2061 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

Yep Phill was not a happy camper and hopefully it will light a fire the size of Mount Isa under the sixers and they DESTROY THE BULLETS TONIGHT!!

Reply #23234 | Report this post

plow king  
Years ago

it all makes sense to me - as i read in another article

the 36ers are in the finals and the game was used as preparation for the finals - so that may mean using your bench more in order to prepare

the real do or die stuff starts tonight

Reply #23235 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Thnaks for that Isaac - I do miss hearing KG and Cornsey as they often come up with some very intereting topics.
I think that Phils comments go along with what a lot of us said on other threads that the game wasnt deliberately thrown but rather the result was academic so was used to prepare as best we could for teh finals

Reply #23236 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #23238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon we as fans should write a letter to the board and tell them how we feel. It appears that they have their head stuck up their arse and have no idea what the fans want. We want to make sure Phil is coaching next year and heaps of other things sorted out as well, lets make sure the board know that is what we want. Does someone want to draft a letter - I would do it but I am not very good at doing that sort of thing - english wasnt my favorite subject at school.

Reply #23243 | Report this post

Izzard  
Years ago

If I were Phil I would be saying I was protecting my main players for the finals which is a legitimite coaching decision. That doesn't equate to throwing a game. The fact that has never been mentioned does make me wonder.

Reply #23247 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Lets say that the Cairns game was game 2 of the grand final series...would Phil have closed the game out with that 5 on court?

Me thinks not but protecting B,W,D from any injury is a great and sensible move form the coaching staff.

Reply #23262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suppose B,W,D haven't trained all week either to protect them from injury!

Reply #23264 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Interesting that Smyth has been questioned as to his tactics for the game.

Not that I want to harp on our good friend Goorjian - but I believe it was the last season of the Titans were he took 8 players to Brisbane and played 7 players (one of which played about 5 min). The games result was irrelevant to the final standings and was the weirdest box score I've ever seen.

Reply #23310 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Yeah Pero Vasiljevic scored over 30.

Reply #23312 | Report this post

doddobird  
Years ago

Reply #23637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People do not want to hear about problems . We all want to participate in and embrace something successfull. Most fans love the game , the players and the coach.
The admin should try to make the business grow without having to get themselves in the media all the time. It is time for a change.

Reply #23639 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:19 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754