rotateonthis
Years ago

Geelong vs Crows - another armchair ride

Gallant effort by the crows , but yet again another very handy ride from the umps carrying Geelong to victory . 4 goals from free kicks and a 25-15 advantage . I know the Power fans will cry bias but it happens every week for the stripey (Mod: Unnecessary!) cats . Even their loss to St.Kilda carried a 2 to1 count in their favour . Be interested to see others opinions .

Topic #20626 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

shame they lost. Though they may have had it when they got that little bit of a buffer but just did not have enough. Did find some of the decision annoying though.

Reply #245370 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

LOL CROWS.

Reply #245371 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

I am a Port fan but im not claiming bias. I am claiming that one team went harder and was rewarded better. Was a great game to watch though. I hate to think of the day when you boys get that forward line working right. Tippet, Walker, Knights etc will be right up there in a few years.

Reply #245373 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

last 6 rounds with FF and FA .

Geelong + 40
St.Kilda + 19
Bulldogs + 8
Wobbles - 13
Lions - 1
Crows - 27

IMO they are the masters in manipulating the umpires and rules . Some would say fair play , disagree . The amount of shitty cheap shots they give out is amazing yet those same players dive and act like little bitches at the chance of a cheap free kick , and they get em .

They creep the mark everytime without punishment .
They shephard and block illegally in almost every phase of play .
What is the Farkin shepharding rule ( non existant anymore ) , is it not shephard within 5 metres of the ball and with body , not arm blocks and checks and not 10 to 15 metres away from the ball .

Why is it that the biggest exponents of rule manipulation flourish within league that is diluting its unique qualities into oblivion . Piss on it some more fat man .

I am by no means a one eyed crows man , just love football and probably picking the wrong place to vent .

Reply #245375 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The umpiring in that game was shocking. Even the greenshirts at MARS are better than that

Reply #245378 | Report this post

coach K  
Years ago

Rotate are you serious. The umpires did not cost the Crow's the game today. Those stat's tell me the teams with the bigger bodies are rewarded for going for the ball first. Probaly indicative of where the top three are on the ladder. Crows have too many outside players, and too many players who are very quick at giving the ball away at the sight of someone coming toward them. Not only do they give it away cheaply, they give it to someone else in the same situation.

Reply #245380 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

Yeah, a number of very questionable free kicks to geelong in the last quarter (about 8), only 1 to the Crows, an obvious head high on Maric.

Reply #245382 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

coach k , i am definitely serious when i say that the Geelong got a ride in that game and many more this year . The crows missed alot of kickable goals that probably was the main difference .

There were a number of holding the balls paid against the crows where there was no prior op and the green men were very quick on the whistle where as quite a number of times geelong players were allowed excess time to dispose of the ball .

Probably 6-8 decisions with a discrepancy within that one particular rule .
Yes Geelong have hard bodies but they are soft in the head and if they choke again this year there will be a few tears of joy from the rotator .

Scott Mclaren is a joke .

Reply #245383 | Report this post

Victorian  
Years ago

Go cats !!!!!

Blame yourselves not the umps. At the end of the day not good enough. You won't beat the cats now.

Reply #245384 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

No , only the cats can beat themselves and probably all together sittin in a circle . Sure if the big cheshire cam was as accurate towards the goal as he is puttin down stevie j's throat you would be going for 3 in a row instead of trying to wash away that bad taste in your mouth left from last years boliover .
sweet dreams

Reply #245387 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

no umpires were bad but it was not why the crows lost. If the cats could convert we would have been in serious trouble. The pies will be hard next week as well, they play well here at footy park.

Reply #245400 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The pies are soft. They play most games in Docklands with the roof closed and in the comfort of air conditioning.

A trip interstate is a novelty.

Reply #245404 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Jack Toft what the hell are you on about, the Pies play the majority of their games at the MCG....not Etihad stadium

Think you are confusing them with the Saints my friend

The umpiring is always going to be inconsistant....the only way to rectify the problem is to introduce a third umpire like cricket....but then that will blow out the duration of the game

Reply #245431 | Report this post

gregsteele  
Years ago

Crows supporters are not the only ones thinking that the umps were pretty poor and perhaps cost Adelaide the game. I was switching between the local 5AA call and the interstate call and heard commentators mention similar things to what rotateonthis is saying.

Reply #245478 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

Typical response from crow supporters when they get beaten and im not a port or geelong fan either!!! I didnt know there was a rule that says that at the end of the game the free kick count should be the same!!

Reply #245489 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Umps were a joke all weekend, not just that game. Port got a pretty bad run too.

Disgraceful that Jeff Gieschen just decides to have an umpire meeting half-way through the season and now all of a sudden it is holding the ball EVERY time someone gets tackled with the ball... or in some cases even if they don't have the ball - ask Matt Austin.
________

I didn't think this was worth starting a thread about so I'll say it here:
The AFL is considering moving the rd.22 games around (WCE-RIC, CAR-ADE, WBD-COL) to give the finals team an extra day's break. I'm flying over on the Saturday morning to see the latter two games and would be EXTREMELY PISSED OFF! Anyone else in the same situation?

Reply #245560 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

right on X .

Remember the crows one year and maybe the power in another having Round 22 matches on a saturday night or sunday against West Coast at Subiaco yielding their finals opponent a full day+ extra recovery time and was their any debate , hmm nada .
Think they were actually the higher ranked teams heading in and they copped it sweet .

It is no surprise that this year the AFL is creaming itself at having the massive weekend of 1vs4 and 2vs3 finals in Melbourne . Engineered in the fixtures this year no doubt .

Reply #245577 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:29 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754