York bound for Singapore

Congratulations to Tracy!!!!

Tracy will not be coaching at Woodville anymore, she leaves for Singapore very soon. Info is 4th or 5th hand but she is going over to be the director of coaching(???)She only recently found out she was the winning applicant.

Leaves the Warriors in a huge hole this close to the season starting. Anyone know of people who are available to coach?

Topic #2063 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Their assistant (name?)
Whitmore?
Ben Todd?
Ninnis?

Reply #23268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Their assistant (name?)
Whitmore?
Ben Todd?
Ninnis?
Rees?

Reply #23270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think she is lucky to be out of there. Nothing against Woodville but they will either be the surprise of the season or struggle.

Reply #23271 | Report this post

Not happy  
Years ago

(Mod: Post removed at author's request.)

Reply #23278 | Report this post

Scott Whitmore  
Years ago

Not happy you are a clown, put ya name were ya mouth is.

Reply #23280 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

dont the john should go, but think it could be a go thing bout tracey. in that respect, i agree with not happy

Reply #23282 | Report this post

fat dougs  
Years ago

scott is tracy going??

Reply #23283 | Report this post

Scott Whitmore  
Years ago

Havent spoken to her personally but I understand the club and players have been told. She is off to Singas.

Reply #23286 | Report this post

woundedwarrior  
Years ago

well nice of her to pretty much run a-lot of there senior players and junior players out the door and then bail herself namely reg,hammo,todd,ng,baggot,graves, parker, (others not happy just put up with it)

Reply #23288 | Report this post

Scott Whitmore  
Years ago

again woundedwarrior you are a clown as well, either put your name up here or keep your pathetic comments to yourself.
you have a huge red nose and big feet.

Reply #23290 | Report this post

mr plow  
Years ago

half her luck

no one will go past sturt's mens team anyway

greg breaverington for me

Reply #23295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lynne Holland for me, she coached most of those kids all the way thru juniors

Reply #23317 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

Scott is that really u, coz i would think that u would no the situation as well anyone!

Reply #23385 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Tracey is actually going to be the technical director of Basketball Singapore.

Scott - can you email me at [email protected], I have some information that I need to get to the club, and dont know how to, or who to, pass it on to.

Reply #23411 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Gents,

Tracy has been looking for further opportunities in coaching for a long time. Being a woman in a man's game can make things difficult sometimes and I for one, take my hat off to her (though I'm not actually wearing one - it's a figure of speech) for achieving what she has. Juggling work and parenting responsibilities is a cow at the best of times, but she has done this to the best of her ability on top of coaching an ABL side.

Scott - email me if you know anything more and please, don't take up the job yet (we need you in Adelaide on Saturdays and in Canberra in July!).

To the Woodville guys - chins up. Change can be a good thing and needless to say, there's been a lot of change at the club. Follow the lead of Cameron Wilson, the next player-coach of the ABL!

Reply #23416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gees yogee every thought of emailing the club they do have an email address and heaven forbid a phone number

Reply #23418 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Yes, and I know that email address quite well.

This is something quite specific, and needs to go to someone specific, rather than through the general email.

Reply #23514 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

No worries Yogee. Send it to me instead and I'll look after ya! I sense you're after John Myers' coaching job now? On a serious note, he'd be a great coach for the guys. Old bull teaching the young bulls a thing or two.

Reply #23533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope there is a living allowance in the job cos i got a job in Singers a while back and $2500 a month almost covered rent an utilities!!!!!!!!
(for a 40 sq metre apartment no less!!!!

Reply #23536 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Umm...definitely not looking at coaching thanks :)

Reply #23548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe this is why York is going ?

" Singapore's basketball reclassified as Merit Sport

SINGAPORE : Singapore's basketball is going through a revival lately.....and now there's more good news for the sport.
Recent developments by the Association has seen basketball reclassified as a merit sport.

These developments include the women's team winning a silver at the Vietnam SEA Games in 2003.

And last year, it performed well in the National Sports Association Review, completing its strategic planning and complying with the Code of Governance.

More recently, the association worked with Australian Basketball.....with two of their top teams invited to play a league match here.

The merit status means the SSC funding for the sport has now increased to $2 million from the previous $500,000."

Reply #23636 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Looks like Woodville has had a bit of a clean out. Maybe something BASA could look at?

Anywho, good luck to the Warriors for next week and good luck to Tracey.

Reply #23640 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

So, who's coaching the Warriors for now? If it's Greg Breavington (current assistant and last year's team manager), it will be entertaining at least. There'll be tech fouls flying all over the place! If anyone knows wassup, pass it on.

My tip? Whitmore, Wilson or Myers. I would've said Simon Crowden but apparently he's moved on to bigger and better things (!).

PS. Yes, I'm kidding Beav.

Reply #23651 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:06 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754