Anonymous
Years ago

Return of the Sydney Kings

Hey all,

For all Sydney Kings fans or fans who had a soft spot for the Kings.

This FB group is for you.

I am an admin for the Re-Emergence of the Sydney Kings FB group and we would love to have your support.

Basketball has never been the same for me and many fans since the Kings were turfed out of the competition.

Please join via this link to show your support.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=106946865810&ref=mf

Topic #20654 | Report this topic

skull  
Years ago

'turfed out of the competition'

i havent heard that one before!!

Reply #245637 | Report this post

Ron T  
Years ago

Don't make me laugh turfed out, they were their own worst enemy.

Reply #245639 | Report this post

jakarta in NBL  
Years ago

Tim Johnstone and unfortunately limited funds spent on cutting edge promotions was their own worse enemy. Not that I condone breaking the law but some of the best nights i had were with a few mates, sneaking a sizeable amount of coopers sparkling into the ent cent with a back pack, paying 10 dollars a ticket, then sneaking down the front after quarter time, making a lot of noise and getting looked at as though we were in a church. I feel basketball isn't the same without them either. Maybe when Wrubleski falls off his perch (god bless him) his will may go towards the resurection of my beloved kings.

Reply #245641 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Even if the Tim Johnstone never screwed everyone over, the Kings were doomed. Poor management, no financial plans in place and falling crowds.

Turfed out, my balls!

Reply #245650 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

It may be correct that the OP has overstated it a bit. But for the sake of basketball in Australia, I would love to see the return of a viable Sydney Kings to the competition.

And I will still hate them with a passion.

Reply #245655 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I'd like to see them return too and have to agree that the mentality of the Kings being turfed out shows that not much has changed there or been learnt- what a shame.
It's going to take a fair bit more than a rehashed Facebook group to get the multitude of things that need to happen before a team of court can evven be dreamed of.

Reply #245674 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

next someone will be saying South Dragons got chucked out

Reply #245680 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The return of the Violet Crumbles? Last time they were around they simply crumbled and melted away...

Reply #245684 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Lol Mystro

Reply #245697 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

It's the way it shatters that matters!

Reply #245717 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:21 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754