LC
Years ago

Magic's Lewis tests positive for drugs

Orlando's Rashard Lewis has tested positive for a banned substance and thus has been banned for 10 games by the NBA:

NEW YORK -- Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis tested positive for an elevated testosterone level and was suspended Thursday for 10 games.

Lewis said in a statement that he took an over-the-counter supplement late last season that included a substance he did not realize was banned by the NBA.

Link: http://linky.com.au/p664g

Another case of stupidity by an elite athlete...

Topic #20685 | Report this topic

Juror 12  
Years ago

NBA continues to be a bit of a joke as far as suspensions go (be it for violence or drugs). Warney was banned for a year for less.

Reply #245874 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

That damn over the counter blow!

Reply #245880 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Re Warnie's case - I think it is fiscally comparable. With the amount of money Warne lost for a whole year, it might be the same for Shard over 10 games or more!

Whether it is sending the right message or not, maybe not. But lets keep it in perspective - is it first time, intentional (hard to prove), a supplement that is well known for such an effect etc etc?

When I read the article, my first thought was that it was appropriate, especially considering that we don't know how much the testosterone levels were raised, and whether there was any significant effect for him.

Reply #245881 | Report this post

jakarta in NBL  
Years ago

I'm still hoping someone like vince carter or jason kidd gets caught for doping so the 2000 olympic gold medal gets stripped, effectively giving the bronze to australia.

Reply #245886 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

The difference between Warnie and Lewis is that Lewis had the balls to admit to his mistake and take his punishment. Warnie changed his story and told lies to try and get off.

Reply #245894 | Report this post

nickyg  
Years ago

Warnie was taking a drug called duromine which is an appetite supressent. As Warnie has had problems with weight control he chose this drug. It also increases your sex drive which would explain all those other women in his life!

Reply #245915 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

It's also a masking agent for steroids and amphetamines, hence it's a banned substance.

Reply #245922 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Warnie , before testing positive and subsequent ban somehow recovered from major shoulder surgery within 6 months and to a diet remedy/masking agent .

Not as if Leggies use their shoulder much right !?! Then he had his mother testify to his natural stupidity / vanity .

Love ya guts warnie

Reply #245957 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yes Warnie, nice guts..

Reply #245964 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Ha Ha !! Very nice DB5 , your comments that is not tha spaghetti guts

Reply #245966 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I don't have spaghetti guts!

Reply #245970 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:17 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754