yvonne
Years ago

Milbank Photography - ABL - Norwood v Sturt

Selection from the Women's and Men's games Saturday 8th August, at Mars.

Women:

http://linky.com.au/5oqyd

Men:

http://linky.com.au/m613w

Topic #20695 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

was just wondering if anyone from millbank will be at the knockout finals this week theres a good chance to make alot of cash

Reply #246025 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

There's money in this? News to us :)

Anyway, we cover games for the enjoyment of it, and not whether "it's worth it." If we go, it'll be because we're free of other commitments.

Reply #246038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh for sure if ya can im sure itd all the kids playin would love it

Reply #246057 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

OK, we'll see what we can do. We know how much it's appreciated.

Reply #246098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats excellent john you guys are champions thursday and friday i believe its on def thursday

Reply #246111 | Report this post

moose 66  
Years ago

Knockout is wednesday - friday

Wednesday = Open
Thurs = Year 10
Fri = Year 8

I may be mistaken with the Thursday and Friday though so feel free to correct me.

Reply #246116 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

Sorry anon, there's no way we can clear our weekday commitments.

Reply #246134 | Report this post

Damien  
Years ago

It must be nice to be able to have the time to take on unpaid work that brings little benefit to your business. Unfortunately I'm having to work 18 hours a day 7 days a week to try and keep up with our paid work, so it's not "worth" making our valued clients wait even longer because I'm off doing freebies all the time. It just damages my business and the photography industry as a whole.

Anon unfortunately there is no money in basketball photography. It's been done for free for so long now that most people just expect it.
Damrob would love to spend more time covering district basketball and increase are sponsorship from the current three clubs, but we're a business and can't work for free.
We need to look after our clients that look after us.

Reply #246156 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

I think you have little understanding of what good PR is, Damien. Our work with basketball actually brings a fair bit of benefit to our business, so much so that we've had to be careful not to double-book ourselves and let clients down.

But we don't do it just for the PR. Yvonne has had a very long association with basketball, so we do as much as we can to continue that association, and because we love the clubs and the game and want to keep them alive.

There's no comparison between our two businesses. You obviously have enough clients to keep you busy and don't need basketball; we, on the other hand, want it for the reasons stated above.

Reply #246171 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:57 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754