Bully
Years ago

ABL finals week 1

I know its just a day after we know is in the finals but does any1 know where the games will be this weekend?

Topic #20697 | Report this topic

Filthy Mexican  
Years ago

In the Women:

Sturt at Forestville
South at North

Reply #246028 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

North V West at Port Sat night

Reply #246034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Wayville even available to host Forestville's women's and men's finals on Saturday night? According to the calendar on the Basketball SA website, Wayville is closing on the 15th of August and reopening on the 21st of September.

Reply #246041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its funny how leading up to the start of the season there was alot of hype and bickering about the so called "Norwood Lightning". Now post season they have not even made finals

Reply #246046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Men's Qualifying Final
Norwood v Forestville at Mars at 7:30pm

Men’s Elimination Final
West Adelaide v North Adelaide at Port Adelaide at 7pm

Women’s Qualifying Final
Forestville v Sturt at Wayville at 6:30pm

Women’s Elimination Final
North Adelaide v South Adelaide at Hillcrest at 6:30pm

Reply #246048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Considering foley and duke barely played!!

Reply #246050 | Report this post

Radelaide  
Years ago

I'm glad they didn't make it, would have been completely unfair otherwise!

Reply #246054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In other words a complete waste of the clubs money?

Reply #246073 | Report this post

jm  
Years ago

and John Morris was great value for Southern this year as well. Money well spent .

Reply #246107 | Report this post

Spider

Reply #246108 | Report this post

Grauco marx  
Years ago

I understand that with so few games played very little money changed hands.

So little that they would not be close to half the cap.

Still the same old clubs paying the money, same old clubs in the finals.

Reply #246109 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hey ELG what's with "spider"?

Is that word of the week at Woodies?

Reply #246119 | Report this post

Spider aka Chris Furness, the next great big man in Adelaide basketball. unfortunately he didn't get much of a run this year but hopefully the new coach will recognise his (obvious) talent and not let him waste at the end of the bench next to Killa

Reply #246126 | Report this post

Dino=mite  
Years ago

Grauco,

Immigration laws demand that players are paid weekly, rather than per game,

Reply #246133 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Killa, Spider, reminds me of some old cellmates

Reply #246138 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Should be an interesting first round of finals this weekend.

Women:
Forestville-Sturt at Wayville: Should be a good one. Battle of the big guns with plenty of talent of both sides. Eagles are 2-0 for the head to head this season, at home and in front of a sea of gold and blue should snare it, but Sturt are alway hard to beat in finals. Better get some good refs, this is going to the wire. Eagles to win in the last play of the night, if they can stop Ange.

North-South at Hillcrest: 1-1 in the head to head and both won AWAY during the season. Poor shooting and TO's cost Panthers the last time they met. Might be the end of the season for the Panthers as they face North on a roll.

Men:
Flames-Feagles at Mars: I assume both teams at full strength. My money is on the Feagles to win this one. They dominated for most of the season and they are a talented outfit. Flames are good too, but "the Eagle has landed" on Mars.

West-North at Port: This one might not so much be won by a team, but lost by the other. Just when you think one team is looking good, they have a bad. Reckon there will be a lot of noise and a lot of egg and bacon sandwiches on Saturday night. My kiss of death goes to Molitor. A good, no a fantastic, game might just seal the U23 Sixers spot - reckon there could be a spectator in the crowd watching his game...
My prediction is West to fall over the line in front of a large and very vocal home crowd.

Reply #246297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

think the flames will be too good for forestville. really pulled their pants down earlier in the season without cooper. they will be fuming after a couple of losses and usually bounce back pretty well. should be a fantastic game though, really is game of the week

Reply #246346 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:10 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754