Quagmire
Years ago

What trades would you make?

I'm a jazz fan that would love to see a D-Will / Rip Hamilton back-court.

There is not a player besides Williams i wouldn't trade to see it happen.

Rip would suit the Sloan motion style offence perfectly, and D-Will would get it to him all game long.

Instantly the best back-court in the comp.

Anybody else see a trade that would help their team take the next step?

Topic #20706 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am an avid Spurs fan and would love to see a stronger outside shooter than duncan. He is past his prime and has a very flat shot. I know he has been the go-to man for the spurs and it seems almost blasphemous to want him to be traded. But to me, he is too slow now can't spread the floor for TP and Ginobili to take the drives that make them so good.

I would like to see a Stoudemire- like player that can make that strong post, grab the big rebounds and have the speed to take a step out and take a jumper and clear the lane for TP and Gino.

and personally, i think that Greg Popovich could do a lot with amare to make the team something great.

Reply #246145 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Wow.

Amare for Duncan.

just.... Wow.

Reply #246146 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

wow...

wow

Reply #246147 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

He didn't actually say trade Duncan for Stoudemire. However, I think its a fair enough trade with Duncan being 33 and only a few seasons left. On the other hand Stoudemire is 27 and could add much more value with more years left in him.

Reply #246180 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I just like the fact that he doesn't think Duncan is a strong enough outside shooter anymore and would rather see Amare on the team! Are we talking the same Amare who has had serious issues with his eyes and could never shoot outside six feet anyway?

Reply #246184 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Speechless..........

Reply #246195 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

I often have a go at ESPN's trade machine to see if I can significantly bump up a teams projected wins with a blockbuster trade, if you havent seen it, check it here: http://linky.com.au/o077n

I like trying to make cellar dwellers become contenders with huge trades...but thats just me!

Take the Thunder - Durant/Green/Westbrook/Harden/Mullens project to be a great nucleus in 3-5 years time. Add a big name inside and a vet swingman and this would be a good side...bump that win total!

Reply #246197 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Duncan may be on the down slope of his career, but he arguably has the most talented set of teammates he has had in his entire career around him.

I'm a Pacers fan. They seem to be positioning themselves for when some of their big contracts expire in 2011, (Murphy, Dunleavy, Ford, Foster) so that they can trade to get themselves a 2nd all star around Granger.

If they could work something in the short term to get a sign&trade for Raymond Felton i'd be all for it. Otherwise its gonna be just waiting it out.

Reply #246203 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Trade up some of the Wizards to obtain a better C. Cant see them getting to far with out a move

Reply #246214 | Report this post

aaronbrucefan  
Years ago

what abnout david lee? i think the jazz shuld send boozer to nicks for david lee but even nate robinson or somethin

Reply #246268 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

ESPN Trade Machine is pretty cool.

A few minutes ago I traded Walton, Vujacic and Morrison from the Lakers to the Cavs for LeBron James.

I even bored myself doing it.

But yeah, the site has value if you're a thinking kind of person. I'm just not today.

Reply #246317 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Love Felton to the Pacers.

Reply #246457 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Just looked it up on the trade machine site... Jazz could swap boozer and hamilton straight up.

Seems like a one sided deal to the jazz (because Boozer may walk at seasons end) but you would have to think Joe D would be interested. Even if Boozer walks, its cap relief to sign LBJ or others.. plus they would be in the box seat to resign him anyway...

Hamilton is 31 but i see him as really hitting his vet prime over the last 4 years of his contract. He could give the jazz a Hornacek like 15-20 a game with solid D to boot.

Am i stupid or is this deal just a huge no-brainer for both clubs????!!!!

Reply #246498 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hamilton's contract is putrid.... Jazz have cap issue.

Pacers have nothing the Cats want for a Felton sign and trade.

I'm in blow-up mode for the Cats after the Okafor/Chandler trade. This would never happen...

Gerald Wallace to Portland

for

Outlaw
Fernandez
Pryzbilla

Then see if Boston would take Nazr Mohammed.Nazr fits in with the vets, and probably get the best player. Cats would let JR and Walker expire.

for

Scalabrine
JR Giddens
Bill Walker

Then trade Vlad/Diop/Bell to Utah. Utah get their cap relief which helps after the Millsap signing.

for

AK47 (2 years left at $16+ mill a year)
Korver (expiry)

Felton (S&T)/DJ
Fernandez/Henderson/Giddens
Outlaw/Korver/Walker
Diaw/AK47/Scalabrine
Chandler/Pryzbilla/Jinx

and then the Cats enter the draft wanting Wall, Monroe or Favors.

A mountain of cap room in 2011/12 when AK, Chandler, Diaw and Pryzbilla come off the books

Use the next few seasons to land high draft picks and follow the Portland model.

Reply #246512 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Like all of it, except your never getting Pryzbilla out of Portland...

And Utah may balk at losing AK for Bell and scrubs...

Reply #246520 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:18 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754