Anonymous
Years ago

ABL Finals - Week 1

Who won the ABL finals tonight?

(Mod: Fixed thread title, please try and use something more constructive than nothing.)

Topic #20747 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

West beat north in men and norwood beat fville in the other mens game

Reply #246500 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

WOW!

Reply #246501 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Caught the second half of the Norwood V Forestville game. Cant believe they slugged me $6 p/head 3 mins into the 3rd quarter!

Anywhoo, pretty intense game for the most part. Forestville clinging to the lead throughout the 3rd but Norwood locked down on D to take the Win.

Like I said, didnt see the first half, but the best players for Norwood were Matthews, Cooper and Webber. The Eagles could not contain Matthews off the dribble, especially in the last Q. Got to the paint and either scored or dished on most of their offenses.
Cooper big inside, and Webber hit some big shots in the last.

Forestville couldnt put the ball in the hole. Were getting some reasonable shots up early in the fourth but couldnt make them, then the Flames cranked up the D and took them out of their action. For mine, Sutton,Sullivan couldnt get it going. Not sure why Simons sat Gerlach for so long in the last, he seemed to be the only one getting to the line. DMac played well through the third but didnt see much time from there on.

Anybody have any word on the West V North matchup tonight?

Reply #246504 | Report this post

tripod  
Years ago

norwood are terrible with their door charge. Do they have a sliding scale at the door. Starts at a rediculous 8 bucks and works back with game time gone. Left a jacket their last night, wonder what it costs to go get it this morning. Gotta be at least 4dollara. Wake up flames,

Reply #246505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West d North 81-73 in the men.

Reply #246507 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

The prices at MARS are higher than other stadiums, but, I had it explained to me that the reason was the Flames do not get any revenue from the Canteen to offset entry prices????

Reply #246510 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

I forgot. Also noted that there is no longer a bar at MARS (to get revenue from) due to the fact that the Stadium is owned by a school. Why then does Pasadena have a bar? Maybe different schools have different standards?

Reply #246511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mars is now owned by Life Be In It- that is why there is no bar.

Reply #246513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt over Forestville in the woman?
Anyone know the result of the South North game

Reply #246516 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Saw the Norwood-Forestville game and it was intense as suggested. No idea of stats, but I thought Hoban was good, Webber and probably Grantham too. Seemed that Forestville just don't have more than Hoban and DMT to use in the paint (Wood was really average IMO) while Norwood don't have masses of depth in their guards. Probably a bit of a coincidence that each team struggled when they were at the entrance end...

Reply #246519 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

I agree with that Isaac - once Forestville went to the bench for bigs they struggled. Wood was average, taking bad shots and I thought at times he stepped outside his skill set offensively.
What about Luke Hoban? I think he is solid from what I have seen (granted its only been a few minutes in 2 or so games), but Forestville were clearly undersized against the Flames.

Reply #246521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North beat South in the women by 19

Reply #246527 | Report this post

Statsmen  
Years ago

South could not handle to North zone. Did not score a field in the 2nd quarter after North switched to a zone

Reply #246536 | Report this post

Dumbledorf  
Years ago

Isaac/Hustle

I agree Wood shot a low percentage but so did many other Eagles playas. He wasnt alone in stinking it up shooting wise. Had basically exactly the same stat line as Krause.

Reply #246552 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I wasn't really referring to his shooting (it was almost everything else). And I wouldn't hold that game by Krause up as a glowing example either.

37/62 FT from both teams combined as well.

Reply #246556 | Report this post

Yep  
Years ago

Eagles men won the boards by heaps so they couldn't have done that badly in the big department! I thought Hoban and Dougie were the eagles best players. Thompson got most of his points from easy dump offs from Norwoods penetration, and he only had 1 offensive board. Krause did nothing all night, and Cooper made some mid range shots, but generally that is a shot the eagles were willing to give up at times!

It was Norwoods guards that did the damage! Mathews continually got in the lane whilst Webber was continually left open...letting a guy get up 12 threes(made 6) was just not good enough by the eagles, especially in a tight game! Gerlach was good in the first half but went missing in the second. Sullivan went 0/7 from 3 point land and Sutton whilst he gave it his all was beaten by Norwoods guards!

Reply #246559 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How many nights are both Sullivan and BC going to be that cold? I agree that Sutton was alright.

Eagles won the boards because Dougie was good and Hoban was very good. Just falls away after that these days as Gerlach isn't that tall. Have Forestville got anyone coming through the ranks to play PF after Dougie?

Reply #246563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, since when is winning the boards by 3 rebounds heaps??

Reply #246566 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Eagles shot 48% from the field to half time, 22% after half time including 0/14 from the 3.

Norwood's D better after half time. Eagles ran out of shot clock 3 times in the last qtr to Norwood's one.

Boards are a bit misleading as there was a large number of uncontested rebounds most of the night - quite a few all or nothing shots. Norwood dominated blocked shots 9-2 which probably contributed to the Eagles shot clock problems. All of Norwoods 9 blocks were in the second half.

Sutton looked lost in the last qtr. DMT, Hoban and Gerlach were good.

Reply #246568 | Report this post

Yep  
Years ago

Yeah ur right anon, 3 isn't heaps. I looked in the wrong column....still a good effort by the eagles to win boards tho!

Not really anyone coming through as a power forward for the eagles. Simon Lokan looks like a good prospect in a few years, but he is a genuine centre. Wise will be able to play good mins at ABL in a couple of years but he is really a small forward, as is Brad Haydon! Not sure about anyone else! Wayne Haydon will be back eventually! But you would think that they will need to recruit a big name forward in the future if they are to win another championship with this group...don't think this team will get it done!!!

Dougie may still play for a couple for years but i'm sure they would prefer him off the bench with more of a big name forward like Holmes type starting (as most teams would i guess)!

Reply #246587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From what ive seen Simon Lokan isnt a genuine centre at all actually. He is more of a PF because he shoots mid range and 3's.

Reply #248342 | Report this post

Mima  
Years ago

I'm hoping Wise and Logan will be playing minutes as this will mean that Forestville will not be making finals.

Reply #248351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are you saying Mima?

Reply #248435 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:58 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754