Dale C
Years ago

Halls Medal - place your bets

Does anyone outside the big three pose a threat at this year's Halls Medal count?

A bit of a mock betting market here (sorry, no actual pay-outs. There's a few good value options in there though):

http://linky.com.au/r4os2

Topic #20761 | Report this topic

The Brad  
Years ago

I'd load up on Woosha, the refs love her and i've also heard she cooks a mean bacon and eggs!

Reply #246656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Truslove is still my tip. Very dominant performances on a team of solid ABLers but not really anyone who's going to take votes away from her.

I agree with Dale, I think Martin willpush for the Medal and get most of the West votes. Woosnam, Holland and Pawlowski to take some away from her.

Newley will be hurt by the missed games but would also be a very worthy winner.

Reply #246668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jo Hill from north. Always getting a good number of points and is one of the very dominant players.

Not too sure on any of the west girls. Woosnam, Holland and Pawlowski will share the points.

Reply #246669 | Report this post

ranga  
Years ago

People have to realise that the Halls is about the best liked player NOT the best player. Refs hardly ever look at stat's they just pick the players they like the most.

Reply #246690 | Report this post

Filthy Mexican  
Years ago

That is a valid point ranga, I think the MVP award is a much more creditable award as it is picked by the coaches. I would much rather be awarded MVP as recognised by coaches and people that have an understanding of the game on a strategic level rather than the referees who base their opinions on a player that may standout on the court but may not be worthy of player of the game award.

Reply #246703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

funny then that a stats sheet usually goes to the refs so they do take into account the stats.

also remember it is the best and the FAIREST therefore some outstanding players bring themselves undone

Reply #246704 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Any of the big 3.

Reply #246708 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

I would think Woosnam and Martin would share the 3 and 2 votes respectively in most of the Bearcats' wins, and there were a lot of them.

I like Woosnam's odds Dale C, I'll put 20 on that!

Smoky would have to be Truslove, she is a standout at South.

Marino will get votes in every game she played in too.

Reply #246742 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

How is Truslove a smoky? She is the favourite FCOL!

Reply #246754 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

... ohh and Dale C.,
Great write up but stick to journalism. You would go broke as a bookie real quick!

Reply #246755 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

ANON- is it an award for best and fairest? or is it a most valuable player award?

Reply #246762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The refs do love Woosha and she will poll well, but i think Nikita will be the winner. Had a terrific season.
Truslove will get lots of Souths votes, and should push towards the top.

Reply #246814 | Report this post

nothing  
Years ago

Has this been awarded yet?

Reply #248485 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:07 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754