TR
Years ago

Race is on for the worst record

I was just going over the recent trades and was wondering if there is currently a competition of the worst record.

New Orleans just dumped there best player, Baron for a good back up PG, and a old backup PF. I can't see Speedy and Davis helping the Hornets putting wins on their record. The Hornets also traded one of their best shooters and a guy that can spread the floor for a player that has stated he isn't ready to play.

Atlanta has dumped their top scorer, and their best player for three players who they then waived and bought out their contracts. Atlanta's roster is looking like a NBDL roster.

Bobcats traded their locker room veteran to Miami (which I think shows some class) in exchange for another PF, which I think they needed.

Any bets that the Hawks and Hornets are racing for the worst record. Could be interesting now, with the Hornets trading Baron, which means that they could be looking at Chris Paul from Wake, whilst Atlanta is definately looking at Bogut. Could have some bearing on who goes No 1, where the team will choose the player on their needs, and not just because he is the best player in the draft.

Topic #2077 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is the race for Andrew Bogut

Reply #23484 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

hahaha.the hawks and hornets both traded off there best player.baron and walker.the hawks i can only see winning another 5-8 games max

Reply #23485 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

today the hawks lost to portland by 1.apparently the hawks played better without walker.there taling better shots and sharing the ball around.childress and smith will get big numbers until the end off the season.

Reply #23494 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I like what the Hawks have done (no not a hawks fan) but I wonder if they have the pulling power to get a great free agent. It's good to have cap space, but you need someone that wants to play for your franchise before you can spend it.

Reply #23613 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

well there are some players that only play for money eg sprewell.and some of the free agents want a maximum salary eg chandler swift curry.and the hawks can afford 2 maximum salarys.so i can see one of either chandler curry swift kwame or dalembert at the atlanta hawks next season trust me on that.

Reply #23622 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

yeah I guess you are right, and the Hawks have proven they can pimp with the best of them. aka Stephon Jackson. Spree would be a waste of cash, and the Hawks would be better grooming their young players that dumping cash on Spree.

The Bulls want to keep Chandler, and i think he will stay as they are getting better, same with Curry. Swift isn't what the Hawks need if they can grab Bogut, same as Kwame. Dalembert will be staying with the sixers. All of those name are hardly marquee free agents that they Hawks need to attract other players.

Reply #23625 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

well i cant see chandler happy only getting 20 minutes a game or less.he needs to be playing at a club where he is needed.hes not needed at chicago.

Reply #23628 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:14 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754