skip
Years ago

Music Man needs your help!

Hey all

With the new season just over a month away Ive started going through my music collection in the search for songs to be used this season.
If you have heard a new song or even an older song that you think would work well during the play, in a timeout, pre game, player intros, whatever. Post it below.

Same goes for any funny tv/movies quotes that can be used for a laugh or two.

Im ready to go crazy on itunes.

Cheers

Skip

Topic #20773 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone gets fouled out:
"Na na na na, Na na na na, Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye"

If the 6ers are down at 3/4 time:
"Don't Stop Believing" by Journey

Reply #246761 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Lily Allen - "It's not fair"

"You never make me scream...."

Reply #246763 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sundance Kids "Solution"

Great intro

Reply #246766 | Report this post

triton 46  
Years ago

i'm a believer

bat out of hell - motorbikes smoke player intro

wizard of oz

Reply #246769 | Report this post

moose 66  
Years ago

Move shake drop - Pitbull
Talk like that - Presets
Im'ma shine - youngbloodz

and just for something different

were not gonna take it - twisted sisters

Reply #246770 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

Love the Dome classics like AC/DC's Thunderstruck and Queen's We Will Rock You.

Never lose those. Despite the fact they are both truly awful songs, they rock at the basketball.

Reply #246773 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Some Hilltop Hoods would be nice to hear, their better than all the American crap that flies in and out of commercial radio, plus they're from Adelaide.

I really liked the suggestion of "The Captured Vibe" for player warmups!

Reply #246777 | Report this post

Tru Blue  
Years ago

"Chase That Feeling" by Hilltop Hoods (off their new Album) would be perfect for intro's

Reply #246779 | Report this post

Starks  
Years ago

I like Thunderstruck leading up to tip off.

Shoot to Thrill - AC/DC

My People - Presets (is this automatically disqualified for A-League association?)

Let's Get Retarded - Black Eyed Peas

Rock Star - N.E.R.D.

Kids / Time to Pretend - MGMT

Toca's Miracle - Fragma (maybe when were down by 5 with 15 seconds to go)

Feel The Beat - Darude

Voodoo People - Prodigy (Pendulum Mix)

Funnies... Anything from Anchorman...
"I'm a bit of a big deal. People know me".

Reply #246780 | Report this post

Tru Blue  
Years ago

I am also in the process of creating a song for the 36ers (i make Aussie Hip Hop, check me out at http://www.myspace.com/trubluemc ) so hopefully *winking at Skip* that might get played at the game too...

-Once its done Skip I'll email it to ya if ya want!!!

Reply #246781 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Enter Sandman-Metallica, sounds great at the start of games, please just get rid of that country crap you always play skip.

Reply #246785 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

Maybe the refrain (the more upbeat renditions) of Mark Knopfler's "Local Hero" would be useful at times during a game, or at the moment of victory.

Reply #246788 | Report this post

Ron T  
Years ago

Please don't stop using HIT THE ROAD JACK when oposition players get fouled out. It always gets the crowd involved with the waving of arms.

Reply #246793 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I like ACDC in there - Thunderstruck is a good pre-game. "Long way to the top" as well.

It'd be good to get some Hilltop Hoods in there somewhere.

The Who - Baba O'Reilly

Aerosmith - Sweet Emotion

Dropkick Murphy's - Shipping up to Boston

Reply #246794 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Please no Presets.

There's gotta be a spot for Cartman's "Screw You Guys, I'm goin home". Maybe when someone gets ejected.

Songs that could be good:

Day'n'Nite by Kid Cudi

My Drivethru by Pharrell

Everything, Everyday, Everywhere by Fabolous

I don't care - Fallout Boy

I'm goin' in - Lil' Wayne

1000 Stacks - Nelly/Biggie

Run this Town (intro?), DOA or Brooklyn we go hard, all by Jay-Z

Business Time by Flight of the Conchords when we play the Breakers ;)

Bit of Billie Jean'd be good as well.

Would've suggested 'Ego' by Beyonce but the Hammer has retired.

Reply #246798 | Report this post

triton 46  
Years ago

lets get a bit of barmy army style chanting going

we are the sixers the mighty mighty sixers
be great have stadium echouing
bring it on

adam adam balinger we love your foul shot
we love your rebounding
we love your dunks

Reply #246799 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Triton, I like your thinking and Xstatik the Cartman quote would be great for someone who has a temper tantrum and gets ejected... it could be followed up with a belated "Gah-dammit I said I want a blue mega-man" from Cartman as the player leaves the court.

Reply #246802 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

What about a Mr Ed quote when Harvey takes the court?

Reply #246805 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

I'll be happy as long as Moskau by Dschinghis Khan is played. Absolute classic that song.

Great work bringing it back last season.

Reply #246807 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I got one for you skip

If the Sixers are getting pumped

Put on We Gotta Get out of This Place by Eric Burdon and the Animals

Sure the Players will spark up when they hear that...lol

Reply #246810 | Report this post

DJ75  
Years ago

Hi Skip, Despite my name, I'm not actually a DJ, but here goes anyway;
I've always thought it would be great to have the lights go down (I know not practical) and have the opposition run onto the court with "Welcome to the Jungle" by GnR blaring. Perhaps we could make the p-lace a real fortress with fans booing and going crazy as they come on the court.
It would be awesome!!

This would be followed by the traditional Fat Boy Slim track, building up to the 36'ers entering the court. At the crescendo of the music, the fellas run out to the gone but not forgotten, 36'ers song!

Otherwise;

Alive by Pearl Jam as we start making a comeback (Oh yeh I'm, yeh I'm still alive...)

Perhaps "What goes around comes around" by Lenny Kravitz when an antagonist like Anstey gets a foul called on him.

"Another brick in the wall" by Pink Floyd when someone is having an off shooting night (oh wait, The little prick has retired again hasn't he...)

"That's pretty, that's oh so pretty" quote from White Men Can't Jump as Gilchrist splits the D again.

Perhaps "Let's get the party started" by Pink - a pumping song for the ladies.

Perhaps "You and you're hand tonight" by Pink after a controversial call by the umps.

Otherwise some real pumping type songs like normal.

The main atmosphere loser is the 2 minute warm up after the National anthem. I know it is an NBL requirement, but it has to go. Aren't 15 minutes warm up enough??
It should be warm-up, player introductions, National anthem, 30 second chat and then tip-off.

Reply #246813 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Wow, pleanty of responses.

Anon - Im a fan of Dont Stop Believing. Foul outs though will always remain as Hit The Road Jack. (Some things just shouldnt be changed)

Jack Toft - Lily Allen? Im a fan, but at at Basketball? Not sure, will see.

Moose 66 - Dont know Im'ma Shine, will dwnload shortly.

Jay Jay - They will always remain

B-Easy - Hoods will be likely

Tru Blue - Definetely flick it thru to me when its ready!

XztatiK - Presets were played last year at the request of a few players. Nice list though.

Triton - If you can get the crowd singing stuff like that, i would be awesome! Good Luck!

DB5 - :-)

DJ75 - I would love to see the 36ers Song make a return. I will speak to the club about that. Maybe not for their intro, but at some point in the night.

Reply #246823 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

skip, I'd like to get together to put some ideas together so I can co-ordinate some tracks for the Lightning games too.

Reply #246827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In relation to player intros and the dimming/turning off of the lights.....now I know they cant do it as it takes too long to heat the lights back up to full strength again but surely in this day and age they could atleast have a cover or something to place over them without turning them off and leaving them at full strength, still providing the darkened effect? Then when the intros are finished just remove the cover and Bobs your uncle!! Could this not be implemented??

Reply #246839 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

SOunds good Journo!

Reply #246843 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

ok skip, Isaac has my work email

Reply #246862 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

246839, great in theory, but are you volunteering to cover and uncover lights hanging a great distance above the ground? I'm not!

We've had blackout intros before and while the timing/flow is awkward, I guess they could be done again? Not sure and not sure if they're on the cards either.

I wonder if the league (if it's their call) would consider adjusting the flow of the game before the tip to make for a better intro?

Reply #246877 | Report this post

crowfan  
Years ago

heres a couple which you probably already have Skip.

Jump Around, House of Pain, (jump ball)

Kurtis Blow, Were playing Basketball, (maybe for warm ups, or even earlier)

Bodyrock - Moby

POwer- Snap

Metallica - For whom the bell tolls (out of time out)

Mims - this is why im hot (lol, maybe)

im all for some Hoods, but that chase that feeling has been absolutely killed to death already, imo.

(goes home to watch back to back 1988 lakers vhs, the music in that video and narration by chick hearn, doesnt get any better.)

Reply #246895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Skip please keep Thunderstruck!!! Its been part of game night experience since I started goin to games!

Reply #246925 | Report this post

Crooked  
Years ago

Lost by Coldplay

Has a nice clapping beat and features lyrics 'just because i'm losing doesn't mean i've lost'. Would be a good 4th period song if we are down.

Get on your Boots - U2

Also, bring back the sixers song!

Reply #246934 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Ooh ooh I forgot one...

"You suck, you suck, you suck, you suck.

didininidididididinininididididi

you suck, you suck, you suck, you suck"... and so on.

Reply #246935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kriss Kross - Jump

Reply #247004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please keep playing The Fratellis Chelsea Dagger when the boys go on a run. Man I love that.

Reply #247018 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

definitely think its good to keep with music from last year but also add new songs etc.

Keeping a beat and tempo music is far better than just a song with words and a guitar.

talking amongst other members in our North block, moscow, a lot of the clapping chants should stay however yes, some of the music is outdated.

Generally, the Jackson 5's 'Can you feel it', sucks!!!

Reply #247628 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

swamp thing, the grid. an 80's song

Reply #247630 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Ohhh 'Can you feel it' has gotta stay. It's our victory song!

Reply #247633 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Anytime someone travels, play a soundbite from the Bobby Brown song "Every Little Step I Take"

Reply #247645 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

"That's pretty, that's oh so pretty" quote from White Men Can't Jump - nice one!

Perhaps "You and you're hand tonight" by Pink after a controversial call by the umps. Love it!

Reply #247647 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754