LC
Years ago

Game 2: U17's vs New Zealand Results

Game 2 has been played between Australia and New Zealand's U17 teams.

Australia's men's and women's teams dominated game 1, however it was not smooth sailing in tonight's game 2, with the men dropping their game in a big upset, and the women's result a lot closer than most would have expected.

Game 2: Men lost 67-69
* Carlin - 17 points
* Hill - 15 points & 7 rebounds
* Omamogho - 15 points & 4 rebounds
* Odigie - 8 points & 13 rebounds
Australia hit just 7/30 from downtown compared to 11/20 from NZ. NZ shot at 50% from the field compared to 30.6% from the Aussies.
Boxscores: http://linky.com.au/yxyss
(Phil Haines was one of the officials)

Game 2: Women won 68-54
* Tippett - 21 points, 16 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 blocks
* Nicholson - 14 points & 5 rebounds
* Roberts - 12 points & 8 rebounds
Boxscores: http://linky.com.au/lizvk

Topic #20804 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

I still can't get over the fact that:

a) Australia's U17 men's team lost to NZ, and;
b) Australia's senior cricket team got just got bowled out by England for 160 after being 0/73!!!

Pathetic!!!

And I ask myself, why am I still up at 2:06am and on the PC!!!

Reply #247041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure the girl's mix is the best. They are clonish with their talls despite one or two stand outs. They are very much an inside team with only 6 threes in 2 games telling a story. They are obviously using these games as practice but they need to get a more even spread of game time into some of the girls

Reply #247047 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:47 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754