B_Rett
Years ago

Centrals Finals ????

Im intrested to hear if anyone out there gives centrals a chance at making the finals.... with wilkey back and some impressive new players from woodville and a player from Melbourne and some of our best players last year coming off the bench this year... id be intrested to see if people are showing respect to this years centrals team ....

Topic #2081 | Report this topic

Years ago

I give centrals a chance at going close this year .... but id like to see if they can finally play defense and play 4 quaters ... but yes its the best team they have had in some time

Reply #23518 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I think they have a chance. From what you are saying B_Rett, they look good on paper.

Reply #23520 | Report this post

not in the know  
Years ago

who is coaching them?

Reply #23539 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

i have heard a wisper that paul vandenburg isnt happy at central. completely unconfermed and definatly a roumor, but it comes from a good source!!

Reply #23544 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

not in the know

Ricky Simpson, Der!

Reply #23545 | Report this post

B_Rett  
Years ago

Well paul hasnt even played yet ... id say he would give it some time plus he is pretty good friends with ricky simpson

Reply #23546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

B_rett : you have to earn respect. Why dont u wait and just see.

Take luck: I heard a rumour that you cant spell and i have a reliable source = Anytime u post something on this forum.

Reply #23557 | Report this post

plow king  
Years ago

centrals will improve - sorry no finals

Norwood will replace woodville in the top 5

Reply #23614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has anyone seen this jai watson play yet?

Reply #23672 | Report this post

annonymous  
Years ago

no but i,ve seen him train with rick at starplex. bit of a jump shooter, good handles. drives pretty well.

Reply #23677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Jye, Regie and Wilkey in the mix you would think Centrals have added 50 Pts a game to their arsenal.

Reply #23679 | Report this post

frankfurt  
Years ago

centrals will improve no doubt....but they will take a while to get going....and i think south will beat them in round 1 at starplex.....should shut the northeners up for a while.....it is all good having a better team on paper, but they have done nothing yet.

Reply #23709 | Report this post

lickity split  
Years ago

Have they even played a full game together yet? if they havent it will be hard to gel and be a force straight away

Reply #23745 | Report this post

Bobby  
Years ago

I dont think any team at the start of a season can be a force in any comp? all teams have to get the kinks out! But if there is a reason for a team to get excited because they think they have a better team on paper, then let that team get excited. How many teams make the finals in the central comp?

Reply #23864 | Report this post

Chump  
Years ago

five

Reply #23881 | Report this post

Croquet_anyone  
Years ago

As the AFL used to say, Centrals make the finals, "l would like to see that" or they could do a Sturt Football Club and be perennial losers and then come from nowhere and win the premiership. Who could imagine that?

Reply #23883 | Report this post

Head Scratch  
Years ago

Is it really that hard for everyone to see Centrals making the finals? I think they've got a fantastic chance, their still a young side with the right mix of experience to stop those mental lapses which occurred every game last year.

Reply #23911 | Report this post

Croquet_anyone  
Years ago

But "Centrals winning" is classified these days as an oxymoron

Something's should never appear in one's lifetime

Reply #23913 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Just like Centrals Finals!

Reply #23926 | Report this post

Paul Vandenbergh  
Years ago

This is a first for me but.....

If you are going to talk about me at least spell my name right. The other option is to just use Reggie.

For the record I am very happy at Centrals.

Looking forward to the first game on Saturday.

Reply #24098 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Nice work Reg, look forward to seeing you Saturday!

Reply #24120 | Report this post

Croquet_anyone  
Years ago

Can I ask why he (PV) is called "Reggie"? Is it because after training and Paul Vandenbergh go to the pub, "it's Miller time" so for Reggie it was a logical nickname. :-)

Don't talk smack about anyone it just not right.

Reply #24150 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:23 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754