hems
Years ago

36ers beat Perth 76-73

The source is obviously not confirmed, but apparently the score tonight was 36ers 76, Perth 73.

http://linky.com.au/me8vj

Topic #20837 | Report this topic

hems  
Years ago

Link issues - try http://twitter.com/shayne_hope

Reply #247460 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sounds good for us - if they've won an away game...
We might do alright this season..

Reply #247473 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

thats true 6ers won and Balls scored 26!

Reply #247474 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/other/5859138/upside-for-wildcats-in-adelaide-loss/

Reply #247475 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

I am trying to get a copy of the boxscore as we speak.

From a phone call though I can tell you

Ballinger 26pts 8rb 5 blocks!!
Cooper 16Pts 9rb on 7/8 fg
Ng 17pts
Herbert 10pts 5 rb 4 as

Reply #247477 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Cooper with 16!!! That was his season total last season! :P

Did the imports not play? or played very limited minutes?

A box score would be great to see!

Reply #247478 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

From what I've seen at training - the imports bang it into Cooper, ballinger and the like..

Reply #247481 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I was never great at maths but Ben's post suggests that those four players scored 90% of our total score.

Reply #247482 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yeah we only played 4 players, the other points we got was for Perth having no scorer and incorrect uniforms :P

Reply #247485 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Camel 31 - if that's true then I think we may have chosen the right ones. I've always been an advocate of simply getting it to your big men in close...

Reply #247487 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Well if we are going to feed it into the big men, Lets hope the refs call more fouls than they did last year. Shench got raped inside!

Reply #247490 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I think KingJames deserves a ball

Reply #247495 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Great game by Coops but I'd be concerned if we are going to have to rely on his inside scoring presence this season

Reply #247519 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A report on OzHo from someone at the game:

On the 36ers. Balls was his usual self. Hitting outside and in. Just a great all round basketballer. Cortez, nothing special. Lisch had him covered one on one most of the night and had him sorted. Ng hit a few nice outside shots, but shot selection leaves a bit to be desired. Thet are definitely going to be an offensive threat, but their defense wasn't as good as our bad offense, which won them the gamer just...
And another:
Ballinger really can't be stopped in the post and Ng is a beautiful shooter

Reply #247521 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Got a boxscore in a dodgy XLSX format and trying to PDF it. For those who can't wait, Gilchrist was a DNP while Groves had 6 points, 7 assists, 7 turnovers. Near luckless from the field with 1/9.

Cats import Lisch had 4/14 FG. New kid Wagstaff was 0/7 FG.

Coops' 16 points came on 7/8 from the field and 2/3 FT. Balls had 11/19, 2/3 and 2/2 FT. He and Coops and 8 blocks between them!

Reply #247530 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

OK, here's the link. Boxscore, Aug 25: Cats vs 36ers

Reply #247533 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Hmmm, looks like Lisch and Groves caused each other a lot of grief. Hope those 7 TOs are early season rust from Groves.

Perth should be worried that Coops was able to score so easily, despite Rogers being back and playing nearly the whole game.

Its frustrating that Gilchrist is seemingly injured as well now. This team has a lot riding on his ability to quarter back it and if he's on the bench instead of out there building a rapport, thats gonna set us back a bit.

Reply #247534 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Not looking good for perth if we had 4 of our 6 best players out and they still lost, I know they were down a couple of players as well but not to the quality that we had missing. Might be a long season for Perth unless there new import is a stud (i mean basketball wise)

Reply #247541 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Perth were missing the second import, Martin and Weigh AFAIK. We were missing Burston, Holmes, Hill, Gilchrist.

If Gilchrist does have an injury that forces him to skip games (and I haven't asked about it to be honest), I guess we still have PG covered with Groves and Ng/Hill if required, and Holmes or Herbert could slip into a starting spot easily enough.

Reply #247543 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I think the box score might be wrong Isaac. I have Groves as only scoring 5 points (not that it makes a whole lot of difference).

If Gilchrist is injured and doesn't measure up do we have the door open up for Schenscher? I understand that we might struggle in the guard position but perhaps a development player could fill that spot.

Reply #247552 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Really, we are signing Perth's death warrant from one pre-season game??

Reply #247557 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ads, relax - Gilchrist is expected to suit in the next game. Just tweaked his ankle a bit before they flew out.

Reply #247558 | Report this post

Ronnymac  
Years ago

Cats were missing there starting PG in damien martin, Center in an import and stephen weigh. they just had a bad shooting night. guys like redhage(6-16) and cattalini(3-11) dont perfom that badly uually.

Reply #247579 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

"Cats were missing there starting PG in damien martin, Center in an import and stephen weigh"

The sixers were also missing key players in Burston at Centre and Gilchrist at PG, Holmes also didn't play. So i don't think the loss can be blamed on poor shooting.

Reply #247580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We have to take it for what it is...a match between two clubs no where near full strength.

However for us to win without 3 starters and holmes...pretty decent.

I like scottys approach so far with resting players. Its more important to have them right long term than to injure them in a meaningless preseason game.

Im sure gilchrist will light perth up.. who can defend him from there team? Martin will have his hands full in the regular season from what i have seen in the boomers games and tall blacks he is a average defending PG.

I wanna see Homicide v Gilchrist..that will bring the crowds!

Can't wait to see the boys play at the DOME.

Carn 36ERS lol

cheers

Reply #247581 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

Cut Groves! Im just starting now because after 10 games you will all be saying the same. He left his game in the Gong and has been looking for it ever since.

Reply #247608 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Groves is past his use by date. Apart from that, the 36ers roster is looking quite strong this season - early days yet.

Reply #247613 | Report this post

Ronnymac  
Years ago

I agree that both clubs were significantly undrstrngth. this series is all about fine tunning then anything else. perth or adelaide arent gonna show there hand this early on.

Few thoughts as i was at cragie on tuesday night.seehbomb has a heck of name, shame about his lak of game.

Impressed with
Ballinger. has very little weaknesses in his game on offene.mvp candidate for sure

NG.text book stroke on him.

Tommy garlep looked tad off his game. but hs a ton of potntial.

Cooper looked like bradtke minus the hair. he was on fire. he is a natural shot blocker. has great defensive awarness

Groves looked either rusty or not interested.

Reply #247634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about you people give Groves a fair go to prove himself obviously the coaching team see something in him. I am sure the coaching staff have a lot more experience than you people hating on Groves.

Reply #247641 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Wow, the season has not even started and look at the knive come out.

At least we have a team, let's see what happens when the season starts FFS.

Reply #247651 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

That comment from Anon is almost as good as "Groves is better than you so shut up!"

Reply #247700 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:01 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754