A
Years ago

New 36ers jersey design ideas

Ben Fitz, well done to you and the boys on what you have so far done with the club in the short amount of time, my only suggestion to you would be to get a new jersey and club logo design. After seeing the Kia article in todays paper it looks like you will be sticking with the old logo? To me and many others including some graphic designers, this logo is absolutely shocking for a sporting organisation; looks un-sportslike(if such a thing), is not very visible on the players, and looks simply unattractive to the eye.

My quick-fix solution would be a simple clean and attractive design (a basic arched '36ers' in bold red with a gold outline over a navy/blue jersey) - just take a look at any NBA Jersery and logo (even the South Dragons), all are quite simple in design but have massive marketing appeal.

Keep up the good work!

Topic #20852 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

i think just go back to the old blue jersey from a couple of years ago, just a classic design. Find one design and stick with it, it seems to change from year to year. It would be nice to be like the celtics or lakers in that the jersey really means something.

Reply #247707 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Only requirement from this fan: PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET RID OF THE RIDICULOUSLY HIDEOUS YELLOW JERSEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

Reply #247709 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDD

Reply #247710 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I like the Logo myself. With Adidas no longer the uniform supplier there is obviously going to be a change in design to the uniforn and looking at the training gear, it looks like thy have ditched the crows navy blue and gone back to Royal (Pura Milk) blue.
I too wouldnt mind seeing Red Kobe, just like the 'old school' Super Sixers days.

Reply #247717 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I don't mind the logo but the jerseys have been pretty terrible ever since the And1 days really.

I sent these to the club before last season and got no reply which might mean they're crap but what do you guys think?

Home

Away

Alternate/clash

Reply #247725 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

RETRO

Reply #247728 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sorry X, not a fan. Would like to see simpler uniforms this time around though and I think they'll be trying to reduce the logo soup a bit.

Reply #247734 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

The red ones look the best out of them all I think, but get rid of the yellow part on the shorts.

Reply #247740 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Reply #247741 | Report this post

hems  
Years ago

I think everyone agrees, can the yellow.

Bring back the tight shorts ! ;)

Reply #247747 | Report this post

Starks  
Years ago

KISS philosophy

Maybe swap the white for yellow.

Reply #247749 | Report this post

Starks  
Years ago

Whoops, link didn't work...

http://linky.com.au/kgeau

Reply #247750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

home will be red away white

no doubt the uniform will be simple and cheap like the polos and tracksuits

Reply #247751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they have to be blue i would think. west end is long gone, i guess so is pure milk though.

Reply #247756 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pura Milk is still a very valued sponsor and one of their best. Scaled back financial involvement after the glory years, but still provides a lot of support.

Reply #247760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pura Milk still have signage on the Dome floors so they must still be tipping in money.

Reply #247767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But uniform will still be red

Reply #247769 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Should be Blue home and Red away

Reply #247791 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I like yellow for the away jerseys but the secondary colour should be white, definitely not red like last year.

Reply #247793 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I agree with A - keep it simple like some of NBA unforms & build a tradition in the singlet rather than chopping & changing each year.

I like the idea of going back to the royal blue with A design idea & would be happy with a red away uniform over the yellow or white strip.

Reply #247794 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Red for away so when we play the Tigers Red vs Red? or the Taipans Red vs Orange - not a smart move.

Used to be Darker colours home lighter colours away.

Some examples of Away colours.
Yellow (Sixers, Bullets), white (Too many to list), light blue (Razorbacks), light grey (Wildcats), light aqua/teal (Giants).

Not sure but would imagine some sort of rule like that would still exist to avoid clashes.

Reply #247799 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Starks how did linky not work for you?

http://linky.com.au/ub2i4

Reply #247801 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

DJ - What About Red at home and Yellow or White away?

I pretty certain from when the sixers started through to the mid ninties they were Red.

Reply #247802 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Red or Blue - home.
Yellow - away.
White - clash.

DJ easy way to over come the colour clash; have a white jersey as an alternative. It could be a retro style even.

Reply #247805 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

NBL clubs aren't going to fork out for a clash jersey - cairns and townsville have done it once from memory.

Yes the red from the 80's/90's at home was great but i also like the blue at home adn the red worked great with the whole West End Super Sixers sponsorship tie in. Likewise the blue was a great tie in with Pura Milk and both fall within the SA colours of red, blue, yellow.

Perhaps a tie in with Coopers Sparkling Ale - Red mixed with Pura Milk Blue - who can be a yellow sponsor?

The away in my opinion either has to be white (boring, alot of clubs use it) or yellow (distinctive tigers only other club using yellow away).

Reply #247811 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

RAA could be the yellow.

Reply #247815 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Hopefully not much changes from last season, that was the best uniform we've had in years, IMO. I'd also like the yellow to stay, maybe just change the colour slightly so it doesn't look as fluoro as it did at times.

Reply #247817 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

The NBL clubs will fork out the money if BA hands down a directive ordering every team to have three types.

Reply #247822 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

The NBL clubs will fork out the money if BA hands down a directive ordering every team to have three types.

That's a great approach - force club's to fork out cash for things that are not necessary in a league that is going through a very sensitive time.
Realistically clubs would get sponsor/uniform companies to cover the costs of the uniforms anyway, but why put extra burden on clubs having to approach for three colour sets when two will do just fine.

Reply #247831 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

RED home , WHITE away , GOLD clash .

Reply #247909 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Kobe, what happens when they play the Melbourne Tigers in Melbourne?

Reply #247955 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:46 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754