Anonymous
Years ago

Wildcats V 36ers, Pre-Season Game 3

Please post once you know something!!

Cheers :-)

Topic #20873 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

wildcats won 117-80....lisch had 43, 7-8 threes.

Reply #247916 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Need some confirmation on this Lisch dropping 43. Hard to believe as is the large scoreline.

117 for the defensive minded Wildcats in a 40-minute game????

Reply #247917 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

at 8:44 Nick updated twitter

28 v 17 end of first quarter. Adelaide in front. Gilchrist has 11 - he's the man to stop

Both teams playing with 8. Cooper out for Ade. Wagstaff out injured

Reply #247918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

really? guess my mate lied then (not suprising)

sorry

Reply #247919 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

was Groves useless again?

Reply #247920 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Gilchrist is running hot. Rogers getting fouled everytime. 35 v 42 Rogers back to line for and 1' !@;33/ 85

Rogers off Harrris in. Ng having a few TO's. Shawn starting to find his groove. 40 v 42 - 1.39 to go in 2nd. Cat's down. Ninis calls time

Reply #247921 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

48 v 47 Wildcatst in front. Half time

Reply #247922 | Report this post

ronnymac  
Years ago

Cats infront 48 to 47

Reply #247923 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

63 v 56 Ade in front. wildcats call time out. 4.03 to go on 3rd.

72 v 56 - 1.26 to go in 3rd. Q. Ade fireing 3's all night and making them. Cats in trouble

Reply #247932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers win 95-75

Reply #247940 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

When was this game played?

Reply #247944 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Sorry, a bit confused as Cooper played for Norwood Flames tonight but I just noticed that Bluey posted that he was out for the 36ers. Good win/win move for both 36ers and Norwood.

Reply #247946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we shot 59% from 3

Reply #247947 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Here is Nick Marvin's blog for game three - a solid write up (thanks Nick!).

http://linky.com.au/ox4p6

Looks like Gilchrist is going to impress - I wish I was going to Darwin for the pre season comp but will have to wait for Whyalla for my first look at him.

Stats were:

Gilly 19/7/6
Garlepp 18/5
Ballinger 14/5
Herbert 17/7rbs
Groves 13/4/4

Marvin wrote something about Perth dominating inside, but I guess without Burston and Cooper you would expect that. I will be happy if Herbert continues to contribute like he does - I am very happy we picked him up as I always loved how hard he played at South and his sweet shooting stroke. Will also be happy if Groves contributes similar numbers each night based on 40 min games and with Balls, Gilly, Herbert, Ng and Holmes doing the bulk of the scoring for the team.

Reply #247966 | Report this post

ronnymac  
Years ago

Well done to the 6ers and there fans. be it a pre-season game or not,i think this was a rather solid hitout for both teams. once both teams get there full squads together,they will be solid teams.

Reply #247967 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

I'm liking what Gilchrist is giving us...

Will be happier when Cortez starts finding his mojo.

So does this pretty much rubber stamp Garlepp ??? He's 205cm yeah ?

Reply #247971 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Isnt Garlepp 25? Not sure we actually have a spot for him.

Reply #247976 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Those are some decent statlines for Adelaide considering it's a 40 minute game. Looking promising so far.

Reply #247981 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Garlepp Could still be in the development squad and play at home games (As we can run with 12 then). For him to be in the main 10 one of the other players would have to get injured (Other then the under 23 player I think?)

Reply #247982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Garlepp can't be a development player.
They have to be under 23 as well, so same applies to Burdon and Hoban as well.
Good rule that!

Reply #247984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

garlepp is 22 according to sbl.asn.au

Reply #247997 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

According to NBL.com, Tom Garlepp turned 23 back in April, which sounds about right.

Reply #248001 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Pretty impressive - for we won 3 games away last season and should do better this season.

Reply #248002 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Game 3 boxscore

Groves' 13/4/4 came in 24 minutes.

Adjust for the 33 minutes averaged by Gilchrist and Ballinger, and that's 17-18 points and 5-6 each in rebounds and assists - decent enough. 3/4 3P and 5/10 FG. Better numbers than you might think from just seeing 13/4/4 and hopefully a sign that he's getting on track.

Reply #248003 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Some three point fire power there.
Herb 5/6 (proven 3pt man)
Grooves 3/4 (streaky but when he's on can be lethal)
Ng 1/4 (proven 3pt man)
Gilchrist 3/6 (dunno but from two games impressive stats!)

U23 player really needs to be a big rebounder ;)

Reply #248008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking good. Garlepp's making the most of his opportunities.

Reply #248056 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Some encouraging signs there that is for sure. Is someone able to clarify whether or not Garlepp can occupy a development slot? It seems that some people are saying yes, some no. Logically you would think that if you are going to mandate that one ROSTERED spot has to be an U23 that the development players playing BEHIND the U23 would be the same, but is this actually the case? As well as he's gone there isn't much point in playing him for heavy minutes in the preseason games (and I know we were short staffed) if we can't use him when the season starts. It would be a shame if we can't work him in though, I remember thinking highly of him at Perth and he has obviously fitted in with our system.

Glad to see Shannon Seebohm back in the fold too after the health problems he had when he was with the Dragons.

I am really looking forward to seeing this team on 13/09/2009.

Reply #248076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GARLEPP CANNOT OCCUPY A DEVELOPMENT SPOT!
Hope that helps.

Reply #248120 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

As I have mentioned earlier, Garlepp will occupy the 11th man spot on the roster. Which means he won't get a game unless someone is placed on the Injury list (except U23 player). With the age of Cooper i'm sure we will see him suit up at some stage though when Cooper is injured. My tip is either Seebohm or Molitor will fill the U23 spot (Seebohm late dark horse!)

Reply #248195 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Brad, have you looked at Cooper's injury history? He has some ridiculous record of consecutive games played!

Reply #248199 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Wasn't it last year though that he was injured for a few games?

Reply #248218 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cooper, games played over last seven seasons: 31, 30, 33, 33, 33, 35, 30.

Reply #248223 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:09 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754