Johnson
Years ago

Crocs v Tigers Game 2

Tigers once again topple Crocodiles 92-79 in Mackay.

Johnson 16
Bathie 16
Kendall 10
Corletto 10.

Williams 18
Hinder 11
Hoare 10.

Tigers two solid wins with understrength teams.

Topic #20874 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Crocs struggling to score is probably the biggest thing to take out of these games.
They should be able to sort out their defensive problems but can't see where the scoring output is going to come from.

Reply #247927 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Maybe Crawford can put up 14 a game. I heard Rolan Roberts was slightly injured for this one which explains the 14 minutes.

Reply #247930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

scoring will be a problem all year for the Crocs...

if teams hang off Homicide and Roberts gets in foul trouble there aren't a lot of other reliable sources left.

They need PC, Hinder, Hoare, Williamson to average 10+ a game WITH both imports getting 15/20+

Reply #247979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a worry if Johnson top scores.

Reply #248025 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Scoring generally wasnt a problem for the Crocs last year, even with Rillie having a pretty average season.

They live and die by the three point shot, but with Williamson, Cedar, Robertson, Hinder, Crawford and Hoare in the lineup, they have plenty of guys who can hit it.

Reply #248044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Townsville really filled it up during last season. Crawford is no the shooter Rillie is but can drill the three ball as well. I think the issue is not so much scoring, I think it will be:

- Keeping teams off the offensive glass. Hinder is the only dude over 6-8 and he is certainly no monster.
- Keeping Roberts in the game and not having him in foul trouble every week.
- Defending the ball one on one. Cedar, Williamson, a smaller and step slower Robertson and Homicide are not known for they're defense.

I still think they will win they're fair share of games though

Reply #248054 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:53 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754