blazemember
Years ago

Luke Whitehead charged with drug trafficking

Check it out at goldcoast.com.au

his usa home was raided where they found large amounts of cash, 2kg of marijuana, and equipment to weigh/ make drugs etc. also found illegal weapons.

i love the man so am quite dissapointed and looks like his hoops career is over.

getting alot of media attention up here on gold coast so good promotion.

Topic #20886 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Article is here http://linky.com.au/f2yy2.

Once a Blazer, always a blazer?

Reply #248062 | Report this post

blazemember  
Years ago

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...oast-news.html

link above there. hes a great guy and lived in same street as me.

hope he gets off as hes got a yound kid etc.

looks like he may be headed to the lousville high security prison starting 5.

Reply #248063 | Report this post

blazemember  
Years ago

add him with james harvey and jason crowe, blaze could have drug culture hahah. but we dont.

soj and bj are anti drugs so they wouldnt be impressed.

Reply #248064 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

thats gold luke, high 5, literally

Reply #248071 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Kad should get a ball!

Reply #248072 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Hope he gets off as he has a young kid??

How about, I hope he doesn't carry drugs and weapons as he has a young kid.

Reply #248073 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

do the time, do the crime.

Having a young kid doen't make it okay blazemember.

Its not like he was some poor broke fella with no career prospects. The guy was making good money playing as a bballer, but obviously he's a greedy muthaf***er.

Reply #248086 | Report this post

blaze.nation  
Years ago

Anyone think the American courts should give him leniency because he has NBL experience and served the blaze very well????

i think they should let him off with community service, no conviction.

for his community service, perhaps let him coach kids basketball given his high profile, the kids in Louisville would be in awe of an NBL MVP like whitehead.

Agree?

Reply #248090 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

blaze.nation, it is so hard to not hate your franchise as it seems SO many of your supporters are complete tossers (apologies to Statman or whoever it is who posts on here who comes across as a decent guy)! I mean shit, if you think serving a basketball team "well" for six months qualifies you for leniency on a drugs charge then you are obviously one of his customers. As for the weapons, from looking at him I would NEVER have thought he'd be armed.

Also, for blazemember, you need to learn the difference good publicity and ANY publicity.

Reply #248098 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I was really disappointed to hear this story- always found Whitehead to be a good guy and not of questionable character.
I can't excuse the fallout his choices will create and agree that it doesn't matter who he is, what he's done is poor form and getting leniency for it would be even worse.
Very disappointed and I bet Joey is relieved he chose not to resign him- no club needs that kind of heat- especially one that has a bit of ground to cover in terms of supporter base dropping and finishing last in 08/09.

Reply #248113 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Thanks Mutley - I think ;)

I'm pretty sure you will find most of the "questionable posters" on the Blaze bandwagon are actually one in the same so please dont hate us :)

Reply #248118 | Report this post

blaze.nation  
Years ago

haha statman, you know who i am dont u lol. should catch up at 1 of our games if keen??

Reply #248122 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

At least we now know where Daniel Meers has been getting his pot.

Reply #248125 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Tommy, its not hard tow ork out - your writing style doesnt seem to change much....

as for catching up Im not hard to find and am normally in the network bar before most games

Reply #248128 | Report this post

blaze.nation  
Years ago

yeah i know, i usually type rushed. but for sure man, i would love to talk to bball ppl that actually know their stuff. they are few and far between.

Reply #248129 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:21 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754