LC
Years ago

Stankovic Final: Boomers vs Turkey (Live)

Boomers vs Turkey final about to start...

Official video stream: http://linky.com.au/uekhz

Topic #20896 | Report this topic

Dezzie  
Years ago

I cant seem to get this. Just get a logo and wont go further. What do I need to do to watch the game ??

Reply #248130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.atdhe.net/8131/watch-angola-vs-turkey

Reply #248132 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

thanks

Reply #248133 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I believe this is the page for live scores: live cast from Sina.com.cn

Auto-translate:

Australia unbeaten record to win the championship? Or defeat the Turkish team had lost to Australia defeated his opponent to win? Welcome to the time of common concern!

Reply #248134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

australia winning 11-7 COME ON BOYS!

Reply #248136 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Luke was doing some nice things there.

Reply #248138 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Love what I'm seeing from Boomers so far. This is first game I have been able to watch of the Stankovic Cup and am very impressed with both offence and defence. Good to see our guys play hard on D and playing with purpose on offence - due in no small part I think to the heady play of Dellavadova. The guy has absolutely torn it up for the Boomers on both ends. Great stuff!

Reply #248139 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

19-10 after one. Nice three by Jake but looked like he forced that next shot a bit.

Now 25-13, and a massive assist from Holmes across the court.

Reply #248140 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

BTW can anyone tell me who #8 is for Australia? Is it Liam Rush by any chance? He had a fast break op and looks a good athlete but he fumbled and travelled at a crucial time on the play a few mins back.

Reply #248141 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Boomers looking good so far. Delly is playing awesome - attacking and distributing at the rights times and blanketing his opponent.

Reply #248142 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Australia has never won Gold at the Stankovic Cup (which started in 2005). Looking like a decent chance here.

Reply #248143 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rush is 8.

Reply #248145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

37-28????cants read the score

Reply #248146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

number 8 is liam rush...crawford is 9

Reply #248147 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Thanks guys. Also is #7 Martin?

Reply #248148 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

32-23 at the half in the Boomers favour. Martin is #7.
Gotta go to bed...have to be up at 5am!!!

Enjoy the rest of the game guys. Go Boomers!

Reply #248150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

50 something to 30 something

Reply #248154 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

69-52. Well done to the team.

Reply #248156 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

good win, they started to make a run late but good to see us hold our nerve. You have to be really impressed with what you see from Dellavadova, the whole campaign he has been fantastic.

Reply #248157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

69-52 final score?

Reply #248158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I wouldnt be surprised to see Dellavedova in the World Cup squad next year

Reply #248159 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Looks like this is where the boxscore will eventually be: Boomers 69, Turkey 52.

Reply #248160 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Good win by the Boomers. The Turks were poor, but what a great response from a young and inexperienced team after the loss to the Kiwis.

Great hustle in general on defence, with everyone scrambling to cover for each other. BIG improvement over the poor rotations we saw against NZ last Tuesday.

Dellavadova has been sensational. Although he didn't score as much in the second half, he masterfully broke up the Turks full court press. The kid has great composure and an excellent basketball brain by the looks. Definitely have high hopes for him after what I have seen in the last week.

Offence fell away a bit in the second half I thought, with less ball movement and better Turkish interior defence, but we still did enough to hold a good lead so can't be too critical. Harvey was a good, steady hand in the second half, coming up with a lot of good shots and drives to maintain our lead. Best game I've seen him play for the Boomers I reckon.

Oscar has looked solid in this tournament. I think as the Boomers have played better team defence and moved the ball better on offence, Oscar has been able to settle into his role and gain some confidence.

Crawford looked solid both defensively and offensively and Rush is looking like an intriguing athletic prospect off the bench. His ball handling needs some work (several times he lost the handle when driving) but he worked hard on D and looks fairly big, solid and quick. Could potentially be that defensive SF I think we're lacking down the track if he keeps improving.

Reply #248161 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Really good job, Turkey was obviously not at full strength but neither was Australia who fielded a thrid-string team essentially.

The loss to NZ goes to show how important going into a game without thinking you've alreay won is.

Reply #248210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coverage of this event on the official website has been very good right up until the point that China did not get into the final. No video replay of the final at all and no box score either.

Reply #248216 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:51 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754