XztatiK
Years ago

NH: Football Talk

SEPTEMBER!!!

What a great time of year! I just got back from a brilliant weekend of footy in Melbourne and am looking forward to not having to watch Melbourne, Freo, North, Port and Richmond anymore.

It was an interesting final round, The rushed behind rule was suddenly re-introduced on Friday night, Lloydy and Campbell Brown attempted a remake of the 'line in the sand game' and proceeded to make it a soap-opera once the game was over, The Crows played arguably their best game of the year in a 176-104 scorefest, the Dogs snatched 3rd spot and the Birdman almost cut his head on the Docklands roof while taking THE GREATEST MARK OF ALL TIME!

As much as I'd love to say Port lost that game on their merits, the Lade and Purgoyne parade was clearly unfairly rained on by that over-sensitive, inflexible dickhead of an umpire who gave Scotty McMahon a fifty for a brush on the chest by Nate 'Krak-whore' Krakouer. Ok, so I still found that kinda funny, but yeah I'd hate it if it happened to the Crows.

...and going to Salvos to dress up in wierd clothes is a wierd mad-monday activity by the Power but I'll leave that...

Finals start on Friday with the Crows against an undermanned Essendon. Carlton should beat an equally undermanned Brisbane while the two top 4 clashes look like being rippers.

My tips:
ADE
GEE
CAR
STK

What are you guys thinking going into the finals? With such an even spread from 1-5 it promises to be a crazy 4wks!

Topic #20899 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

Worth embedding:

Reply #248152 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

That was one great mark!

Reply #248166 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

It was good, but definately not the mark of all time.
Modra used to take them every season.

Reply #248175 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I am more a Port fan then a Crows fan but I think the 50 meters given against Krakouer was fair enough. He was stupid to do what he did and got the right result for it.

Crows would be loving it having to play an under manned essendon side. It takes all the pressure of them as they are usually finals chokers. This time they get an easy ride to the second round.

Reply #248190 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

KJ, just about every player puts their hands out to the player when they are on the mark. The only difference was McMahon fell over.

...and don't you love how Port fans try to offload the 'chokers' tag. Maybe that's why they didn't want to make the 8.

Reply #248327 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

It was the correct ruling. The guy wouldn't have fallen down if he wasn't pushed unnecessarily so that is an automatic 50 meters!

"Offload"? The last decade it has been with the Crows!

Reply #248362 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

X, don't be like that. The Crows were the original chokers if you remember that far.
Congrats on making the 8.

It was a soft 50, but the rules say that it was there.

Reply #248364 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

If the rules say it is there then the umpires ignore that rule at least 50 times each game. The only difference between that and every other mark was McMahon falling over and even he admitted that he just lost his balance and tripped over his own feet, it wasn't Krak pushing him.

Reply #248407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:04 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754