Anonymous
Years ago

New NBL website

http://www.nbl.com.au/

Wow, it's different, and quite nice. I think clubs websites are changing aswell.

Topic #20910 | Report this topic

jakarta in NBL  
Years ago

Looks much better. I wonder whether this means foxsports, australiabasket, ozhoops and this site will still get news in before nbl.com.au though.

Reply #248286 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

jakarta - just because they changed the site, and provider, does not mean the personnel that post the news have changed!

Reply #248287 | Report this post

BOBBITO  
Years ago

NBA.com from 1997 called and want their site back.

Reply #248288 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Looks OK. Better than the last one. Lets give it time.

Reply #248289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers website: http://www.nbl.com.au/index.php?id=13

Reply #248292 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Isaac,were you involved or done any work on the NBL's Adelaide 36er page?
Do you have free reign to do what you like with the page?

Reply #248293 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

We created the background image and the promo items in the left and centre column, but the rest is a fixed structure/layout that we can't change. We don't have access to work with any backend stuff like schedule, results, stats, etc or change things like the news page, player index, player profiles, the right column promo or dropdown menus, etc.

Only got notice about the IP at 4:30 Eastern and so can't delegate/point domains at such short notice for their after-hours launch. Hopefully that will be organised tomorrow. Still waiting on a few answers from Sporting Pulse.

Reply #248297 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

looks pretty good! i just hope the fiba stats is a bit more faster and more accurate this year.

Reply #248298 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

still no RSS feeds :(

Reply #248324 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Looks impressive based on past websites. I mightn't have looked hard enough, but is there a stat's section at all?

Reply #248325 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I like it. They're marketing individual stars of each team as oppose to certain teams. Exactly what they needed to do IMO.

Reply #248329 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

More to a site than a pretty background.

Reply #248331 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

Would like to see player stats show season-by-season averages... not just totals.

Reply #248332 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

36ers site looks great!

...what excites me most is the ad on it for 2009 NBL DreamTeam by VirtualSports :D See ya Sportal!

Reply #248338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really like the website in comparison to last season's

Reply #248344 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

www.36ers.com.au is now pointing at the right spot. www.adelaide36ers.com is next.

Reply #248353 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For those whose DNS has propagated quickly, 36ers.com.au and adelaide36ers.com are now pointed in the right direction.

Check out the Interviews page under News & Media for an interview with Ninny and Ninja about the pre-season, etc. Assistant Coach Liam is hoping to do more of these, some game previews and hopefully some highlight packages after games.

Reply #248357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no rss feeds??

Reply #248393 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I'm still having problems with out DNS & IP so if there are any Crocs fans out there, Click HERE for our new site...

It should be fixed soon though.

Reply #248398 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

With all the club sites under one banner hopefully the content will be improved being club driven. However can see the restraints individual clubs have under this system.

Looks like the Hawks have got somewhat around this by running the official site within the NBL and their restraints as well as running I Am A Hawks Fan Not a bad idea.

RSS would be good, the addition to share links/articles on facebook, twitter, myspace etc is good.

Overall not bad - now hopefully the content holds up and most importantly the LIVE scores!

Reply #248500 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:14 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754