Maybe?
Years ago

SIXERS threw game vs Brisbane?

Just wondering if the sixers might have thrown the game against Brisbane to ensure that they get the maximum time to prepare for next season?

Seems to make sense given that Smyth had Gower, Hill and Ng on the bench at the end - three of his preferred playuers down the stretch for games that they are trying to win (last week vs Cairns). They must have thrown the game otherwise these guys would have been on!

Topic #2092 | Report this topic

Maybe is a tool  
Years ago

You are a tool Maybe

Reply #23665 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's pretty funny, but it's a sensitive topic joking about finals exits this week!

Reply #23666 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

WTF!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is time to have a look in the mirror and wake up. Are you currently taking the correct dosage of your medication????

There is no way in hell the boys tanked the game. To even suggest a team (any team) to tank a sudden death finals game just so they could prepare for next season is stupid.

Reply #23667 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

looks like some people need to familiarise themselves with the term irony.

Maybe is not suggesting the sixers threw the game.

Reply #23669 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Maybe, are you serious or are you trying to rub salt in wounds. Normally a comment like that would be ignored, except this time there is a lot of emotion about what's happened and tensions get high when people read something like that. By the way, are you a Bullets supporter trying to stir up s..t on this site?

Reply #23670 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Maybe? is taking a dig at the way the Sixers approached the Cairns game.

Reply #23675 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

In extremely poor taste I might add.

Reply #23676 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Maybe...get some guts and write youir real name if your going to write subjective posts like that crap

Reply #23678 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Its a joke people. The thread is sarcastic. Its taking a dig at the Cairns game, and I think is sayng 'what if' we didn't let it slide. Would we have been better off playing Melb, Townsville etc.

Reply #23696 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Its a joke people...

Reply #23712 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

I thought it was funny. What's with some of you people? As if you didn't get the joke.

Reply #23713 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Got me rolling haha. Good stuff Maybe.

Considering the poor play by the Tigers against the Crocs would have been an interesting matchup/

Reply #23753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes i take it as maybe is saying that seeing that phil and sixers said they didn't 'throw' the cairns game yet he finished a tight game with hill, ng and gower on court.

never once did he/she suggest they threw the final.

some people on here can't see irony if it hits them in the face.

maybe.....i laughed ... good one.. good point

Reply #23760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the point here is that it is risky to try and shape the finals and take fate into your own hands. I think that the sixers were mentally affected by the Cairns debacle. Fact is it doesn't matter who you play (prefered opponent or not) you still have to show up on the night.

Reply #23762 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I don't think the Sixers were mentally affected by the Cairns game, I think Brisbane had a freaky game that they will never be able to repeat again. If Brisbane players had bought lottery tickets in Saturday's lotto after that game, they probably would have taken out division 1. It was pure luck on their part, and unexpected on our part.

Reply #23767 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I wouldn't put it down as luck. Surely if you leave a guy THAT open on the perimeter he is going to hit a pretty high percentage. If you continue to leave him open he will continue to shoot and hit that shot, teammates will feed of this and confidence grows, before you know it they're all hitting OPEN shots at a high percentage.

We have seen it happen plenty of times for the Sixers, so why do we disregard it as a once of when the opposition does it to us.

Sure they got hot, and kept with it. But what did the Sixers do to put a stop to that?

Just let them keep shooting and hope they will start missing? Nice theory at a social level.

Reply #23779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got it, just think its a stupid poor timed joke that pisses me off at the moment.

Hell yeah I'm freakin sensitive bout this issue its as though a family member has passed and your trying to get some attention, get a life tool

Reply #23798 | Report this post

Map of Tassie  
Years ago

It won't be official until the Sixers front office receives an email from the commissioner.

Reply #23802 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

calm down kriss and get a sense of humour. stop posting about other people's alias's, who cares?? even if they did post under their name, you probably wouldn't know them anyway. i think half of ur 360 odd posts have been about other people's names.

Reply #23804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Sure they got hot, and kept with it. But what did the Sixers do to put a stop to that?

Just let them keep shooting and hope they will start missing? Nice theory at a social level."

I So agree with that, you can't sit and watch someone shot the lights out and hope they run out of steam

Reply #23805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speaking of the Cairns game...i heard a rumour around the grapevine that we threw that to play brisbane. If this is the case, bad move Phil.

Reply #23845 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:53 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754