Isaac
Years ago

Top End Challenge, Day 2

Got advance notice from the NBL of the livestats URL for today's Melbourne vs Adelaide game: Tigers-36ers Live Stats.

Originally, the 36ers, having lost to NZ, were slated to play Perth but given the recent series between the teams, they sought and were granted permission to swap opponents.

The four winners from day one were: Hawks (over Tigers), Breakers (over 36ers), Blaze (over Taipans) and Crocs (over Wildcats).

Yesterday, the Tigers looked to have the jump on the Hawks before Wollongong mounted a charge across the second and third quarters. From the video highlights I posted earlier, new import McKee looked decent and Tragardh had some good moments.

The Tigers got 17 from Crosswell, 14 from Kendall and Mackinnon had an impressive 13/11/6 in 25 minutes. They were without Worthington, Greer and a possible replacement for Barlow.

Topic #20933 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

I only picked Breakers and Crocs right!

McKee looks impressive doesn't he? A few other new players trying to find their feet as well.

Good decision by the NBL to switch games too by the way.

Reply #248579 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Good idea to switch games - as ADL and PER just played those 3 games.
Be interesting if Schenscher gets clearance papers done to play.
It's probably hard going for us without Ballinger and Burston.

Reply #248593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers v Tigers match has just began. Sixers up early days. Live stats available through the NBL website. Someone tell me whether the Sixers are wearing those poor, plain kits all season long?

Cortez and Gilchrist could become the league's top backcourt duo not named Penney and Bruton. Relying a lot on Hill, Herbert and Holmes on the wings is a worry

Reply #248629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Herbert has 10 early in the game, leading scorer for us.

I dont know much of the guy but that doesn't worry me much at all!

Reply #248630 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I think Nathan Herbert is very good - under rated.
No Gilchrist,Ballinger,Burston,Hill.
Very good effort from those who played this game.

Reply #248631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too many bricks from Groves & Holmes, won't be the only time that will happen this season either!

Reply #248633 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Gilchrist with 3 minutes - discipline or injury

Reply #248634 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Groves 2/16 @ 13%, 0-5 3pt, that is shocking by any standards.

Reply #248635 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

A - it is bad shooting but he also did get 11 assist and 5 rebounds.... as well as 6 turnovers :P

Reply #248636 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The more minutes everyone gets the better they will end up being.

Just pre-season, early days.

Tigers also didn't have Anstey. Daniel Johnson will prove a worthy back up this year for them. Always thought this kid had real potential. He has been tearing up the Big V for the past 2 years now and shold be ready for some decent minutes at NBL.

Reply #248637 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

Cut Groves.......He obviously sicks ass!! 3 Pre-season games and 3 shitty games. So we signed him due to salary cap? How can NZ sign Storey, Penney, Bruton, Rickert, Ronaldson, Forman, Boucher and be under the cap compared to our roster? Surely we can afford an import who can actually not suck ass.

Reply #248642 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Johnny pulled up sore yesterday and considering the 6ers are playing with only 6 or 7 players tonight, a good game to have off.

Coops took a hit to the eye late in the game needing 3 sutures.

Reply #248643 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Vanexcel, I think we signed him more from an internal salary cap I would be suprised if we are spending the entire cap. I am hoping when we have our full squad groves won't have to take so many shots when he is not firing but in this game we didn't have to many offensive options

Reply #248647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would you cut storey as well!!? He hasn't done much yet either.

Reply #248654 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

The thing with Groves is he has had 2 poor previous years in this league before we signed him. Give Storey a chance, new country, new league, new teammates, new culture. If Groves was new to the league Id be happy to give him more time to adjust, my point is Groves has been average the past 2 years and this year is looking no different so far.

Reply #248666 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Groves - points 8,14,6 and 13 tonite = average.
Herbert - top scorer again tonight.

Reply #248672 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:29 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754