william 34
Years ago

Hawks win Top End Challenge!

Hawks favourites for Championship?
McKee looks dangerous.

Topic #20943 | Report this topic

flatshot  
Years ago

winning the pre-season comp is the kiss of death-then there was 7.

Reply #248707 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Well done Hawks.
Tregarth and McKee too good. We didn't help ourselves in the stretch but I supose we did well to close in the final quarter to give ourselves a chance.

Reply #248715 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I wouldn't get too carried away as it is only the pre-season tournament.

Reply #248718 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Pre-season is exactly that - pre-season. Top contenders were not at full strength.

Reply #248720 | Report this post

william 34  
Years ago

and the excuses begin :-P

Reply #248721 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I wouldn't be getting over excited about any pre-season results. BUT the Hawks did impress me I though they would be one of the struggler's this season.

Reply #248722 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Was this trip a complete waste of time for the 36ers?

Reply #248732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id say so.....In the last game we only ran 3 players that will will play during the season. Herbert,Gilchrist and groves..and gilly had an injured ankle

And we only lost by 10 to a full stregth cairns team.

Thats a great effort from my point of view but the tournament was a waste from every angle apart from getting younger guys minutes.

Reply #248742 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Wouldn't say it was a waste of time and I'm sure the guys that got the oppurtunity to play for the sixers would have loved every minute of it.

Good chance to scout other players/teams - who would have though Trigger would improve enough to be able to score 40!?

I'm sure in regards to the Sixers and their plans for the upcoming season they probably got more out of the Wildcats series, but don't under estimate getting a look at your opposition pre-season. Also if they didn't go it would ruin the whole concept of the pre-season top end challenge/blitz everyone needs to participate and support this for it to continue.

Reply #248791 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If they hadnt been there they would have been trainin with a depleted squad. Definitely got better preparation for the season out of playing real matches, with real referees, against three different opponents.

Reply #248792 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

The bench got great minutes against good opponents.. If we are ever in foul trouble, at least the bench learnt a lot over the weekend.

If we were at full strength, we would have played wollongong in the final.

Admirable performance by the 6ers over the weekend not to get flogged when they were clearly out talented on the floor.

Reply #248813 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:56 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754