blaze.nation
Years ago

Harvey all but confirmed to play at 3 spot

Yes joey wright is certain to play james harvey mainly at small forward this season.

This leaves the team looking like:

Gibson/Goulding
Ubaka/ Demos
Harvey/ Vukona
Petrie/ Joiner
Vanderjagt/ Cameron

A solid line up but if I was head coach, my team would be:

Gibson/ Ubaka (plays both guard spots)
Harvey/ Demos
Vukona/ Goulding
Petrie/ Joiner
Vanderjagt/ Cameron

What do people think he better line up is??

for me, mika is a genuine starter whilst harvey plays best in his natural sg spot.

Topic #20989 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Sorry to say but its a bit of an average team compared to the rest. At least they will do better then last season by maybe a place or 2.

Reply #249202 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

guards
ernie
bert
forwards
batman
voltron
centre
big bird

should come under the salary cap just, with batman being the most expensive player on the roster.

Reply #249203 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Idiot! You'd start Voltron at the PF spot? He would be the worst starter in the league. Everyone knows he can only go Green Lion.....I mean, left.

Reply #249204 | Report this post

blaze.nation  
Years ago

we will be top 4 minimum.

we can roll every team in the league, but equal with breakers, maybe wildcats.

Reply #249205 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It doesnt matter which way Voltron can or cant go, he wont get the ball because Bert and Earnie will only pass to each other

Reply #249216 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

all very valid points TC2 and Pau, possibly swap Voltron with Bungle off rainbow (subject to passing a drug test)l, Blaze.nation is living in a dream world lol oh sorry you ment you can roll up with every team in the league? did whitehead leave a stash in the locker room?

Reply #249218 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

I think blazenation has been hitting some of the contents of the two threads above this one.

Reply #249220 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

I like your optimism Blaze.nation but if that is your best lineup, every other team is going to be lining up for the W!!

Reply #249229 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think the Blaze will just be making up the numbers this season.

Reply #249265 | Report this post

blaze.nation  
Years ago

you just watch, we may not have the best starting 5 but we certainly do have the deepest bench in the league.

Reply #249325 | Report this post

blaze.nation  
Years ago

haha pretty sure we rolled 6ers most occasions last season with our average line up including casey frank mellmeth soj etc.

Reply #249327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why would you talk about last season? Did you not finish last?

Reply #249333 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hard to see the Blaze doing anything but burning out this season. Are probably one of those teams that could have a threatening crowd of 500 in the stadium.

Reply #249341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HAHAHAHA

All 39 of the Blaze fans will show up to watch their games.

My tip is a big ole wooden spoon for the Blaze.

Reply #249357 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

deepest bench, lol you'll be finishing deep on the ladder and thats about it

Reply #249401 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Deepest bench in the league - very funny stuff.

Reply #249403 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think Blaze Nation was referring to the fact they will sink quite fast when he stated he felt they had the deepest bench.

Reply #249404 | Report this post

blaze.nation  
Years ago

lets just wait it out then ay. u will soon see us ahead of u on the ladder.

by the way within the next 30 years gold coast population will be bigger than adelaides, so dont u worry boys we are only going to grow bigger as a franchise and pack out "the furnace" week to week.

for those that dont rate joiner/ubaka, u got no idea. they wont win mvp or anything but will certainly be better than groves and most other players. joiner came from d-league and ubaka europe. gilchrist also is probably not in the top 4 pg's in league. we got the no.1 pg (note bruton is injured). gibson is a gun and we got the no.2 sg behind penney, superstar in harvey.

we got vukona who just rolled australia on his own, vanderjagt best young centre in league, goulding and demos are the best young aussie combo guards in the business, pero cameron fiba all star 5 member and genuine big man who can hit the 3, petrie is a gun also with boomers potential.

breakers and wildcats are the only other teams i see as a threat. 6ers/taipans to battle it out for that 8th position.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

Reply #249411 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great enthusiasm for your team Blaze Nation - love it!

However IMO it does appear you have some rose coloured glasses on. Love to see the Blaze prove me wrong and ensure the team is successful both on and off the court.

Reply #249420 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Your guards and centre are soft and your power forward goes to pieces.

I'd have jokey smurf has your point cause he delivers the bomb and megatron as your shooting guard, any good guy from robotech as your wing player and He-Man as your power forward.

Its a small league so Big Bird might go ok.

Reply #249443 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

ROTFLMAO!

Reply #249447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harvey as a regular 3, no way.
A regular 2 and a part 3 maybe.
Not a "Happy-Harvey" will eventuate!

Reply #249491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding and Demos the best young gaurds???

What are you smoking dude?

Heck even Aaron bruce is better than both of them and he dont even play in the NBL anymore.

You rate joiner/ubaka?

Have they done anything during ANY preseason game. From the top end challenge we learnt one thing, that you probably have two massive Duds for imports.

You may aswell just take 8th place now

Reply #249630 | Report this post

blaze.nation  
Years ago

ubaka scored 29 points vs ucla. joiner is one of the best rebounders in college history.

Reply #249657 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

It doesn't matter what they did in the past it is what they are doing now and that is nothing!

Reply #249662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I scored 32 in a church match one time, maybe i should be the blaze's import..

Reply #249705 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Funniest thread!

Yeah the Blaze will be very average this year unless those interesting import choices can seriously step up. For the record, here's my lineup:

Gibson/Goulding/Ubaka
Ubaka/Harvey/Demos
Harvey/Joiner/Vukona
Joiner/Vukona/Petrie
Vanderjagt/Vukona/Cameron

Reply #249709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ubaka against tigers preseason 18th sep put down 21 points and nearly 10 assists. I wouldnt call him a dud just needed to warm up a little, joiner.... yeah not that good, i dont think blaze are the best team but theyre certainly not the worst.

Reply #249976 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:02 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754