Isaac
Years ago

36ers 2009/10 Season Teaser

As a learning project for two Dutch trainees I have working for me for five months, we've put together something of a 2009/10 Season Teaser for the 36ers site. Quick run through of the team, a few of the things to look out for this season, show newcomers what a full house looks like at the Dome (the photo is from Maher's last game), and then intro some seating options. This was the Dutchies' first time using Flash's ActionScript and that came with help from Joel (another web developer who works for me).

Thought it could be something that people can forward to friends, family and colleagues to help spread the word.

36ers 2009/10 Season Teaser

See what you think and go easy on these guys - trying to make basketball fans of them by the time they depart in January! ;)

Topic #21016 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Yeah it looks good!

The only thing I can fault is the last part of it which shows the seating arrangement (Gold Seats etc) are hard to see the font and the colour that comes up

Reply #249666 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Great job. Well done Isaac and Dutchies..

Reply #249669 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Looks good
You may want to add a bigger delay for each player.
As it flashes through pretty fast.
Hard to read there names if you don't know the team already.

Reply #249670 | Report this post

MadeInThe'Laide  
Years ago

Isaac, that music playing is great... you should definately put that forward as a track to play during introductions or timeouts etc.

Reply #249671 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

MadeIn - the music was provided to us by the club and I think it will be something they will be using here and there this season.

Reply #249672 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

Really nice job Isaac and co.

Makes for a far better site..

Reply #249673 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

I design websites for a living and have to say what you have done looks awesome. Agree with slowing the transition between player slides slightly. Job well done

Reply #249674 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

Well done Isaac and trainees, I would be very happy to use this to promote our great team.

Reply #249675 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Good job Dutchies.

Reply #249676 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

The Musis is a song called 300 Violin Orchestra. Expect to hear it pre game.

Reply #249680 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

A great job. Sent shivers down my spine and built up my expectations for the first home game.

Reply #249678 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

dougys, I thought we could have another similar Flash piece down the track that lists the team and maybe shows roster depth, or positions on a court. Bit like how AFL previews show headshots on an AFL field. Might be useful for newbies.

Reply #249679 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Did the Dutchies keep insisting on putting up pics of windmill dunks? Maybe on "the left hand side" of the page?

Reply #249681 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

he he TC2.

Reply #249683 | Report this post

MadeInThe'Laide  
Years ago

Grea to hear skip... the part with the STOMP/CLAP would sound great if the crowd joined in.

I miss the days when people would stomp their feet on the wooden floors of the stands... sounded amazing.

Reply #249684 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah, good work guys. My only criticism is the speed that the players are flashed up.

Good music theme too, though for some reason I keep waiting for KG to scream 'RAAAAH' at the end! Do you think we could get Mahersy out of retirement to scream like that before every game? ;-P

Reply #249685 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Yeah that's pimp! Im gonna forward this to all my friends on Facebook now lol

Reply #249686 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

The club should seriously look at this as a basis for TV advertising - perhaps add in a few seconds of live action and it would be more effective than any marketing campaign ever seen on TV.

Reply #249687 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Hey is there any chance of getting this instrumental? I've got few ideas for a track! In fact the song I've been writing for the 36ers goes perfectly to it! If you can help me out let me know, cheers ;-)

Reply #249688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That radio advertisement on the bottom of the index page is the best they have done yet. :)

Reply #249690 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, I didn't think it was particularly unique (e.g., could've been advertising any movie or event), but it's definitely more polished than what's gone in the past.

One of the new major sponsors is Kojo, so hopefully they can help lift some of the promotional efforts we might see on radio and TV?

Reply #249691 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Good job.

Reply #249692 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

I wish the dome could be that full normally :-)

Reply #249693 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I'll email to you later today Tru Blue .

Reply #249697 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

FYI: Dutchie Roy has updated the player slide speed so it's a fraction slower.

Reply #249699 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

Excellent, Isaac.

Reply #249703 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Nice job on the teaser thing! The site is shaping up nicely.

As an aside, are all the other club websites going to have the uniform NBL bar up the top?

Reply #249712 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Not sure if its been mentioned or not, but the music used would be fantastic in a TV commercial for the sixers or the NBL

Reply #249713 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

hereschenes, they all do already.

Reply #249715 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

noice

Reply #249716 | Report this post

Father&Daughter  
Years ago

ROFL.
My daughter and I are immortalised forever(well as long as this web page stays up)walking up the stairs!!!!!Of all the 8000 people....LOL.
She came dressed up for the comp/promotion for the last game,Rock&Roll theme.But it went all lamo.So it looked out of place.Not only does she play Div1 ,she attends a dancing troupe as well.I wonder how many B/Ball chicks can cartwheel and do the splits?
Me?I was off for a Beer and an icecream,haha.
Good job Joel/Dutchie/Isaac btw.

Reply #249717 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Great job as always!!

I know I mentioned it once before Isaac, but I still think that for the sixers site (and hoops?) a slider with the number of members would be good for brag points against other clubs.

I sent an email to Ben F with the suggestion also, but didn't get a response - busy I know!

Reply #249720 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

F&D - I have been wondering if anyone would recognise themselves in the foreground! Mystery solved!

Reply #249721 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Oh... well I thought I'd checked the Wildcats' page and it didn't. It still doesn't unless I'm missing something.

Reply #249723 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They have a SP page (linked from the header of other club sites) but must be persisting with their rogue site.

Reply #249724 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Seeing as we are talking about the website in general now too - one of the disconcerting things is that when you click on one of other clubs across the top it doesnt actually change to their url - just changes the id after index.php ie the Melbourne Tigers site url becomes http://www.adelaide36ers.com/index.php?id=7

There is no functional issue with that, just a bit weird that is all.

Reply #249726 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

We have no control over that but I completely agree that it is bizarre and should not happen. Gives the impression that the club is responsible for that other content.

Reply #249727 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

I realise you have no control, but figured you were helping out with some of the content that you might have some contacts - otherwise I might just contact the nbl direct and mention it, just figured if it was coming from the club or clubs contact that it would hold a bit more weight

Reply #249728 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Multiple fans complaining would carry more weight. We still don't have a properly schedule and results page (that Sportal provided fine last year) weeks after launch and I've sent through multiple reminders.

Reply #249730 | Report this post

yvonne and john  
Years ago

Hi Father and Daughter

If you would like a print please contact us. on [email protected]

Reply #249731 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

FYI: Dutchie Roy has updated the player slide speed so it's a fraction slower.

Great job Dutchies, look forward to some more impressive efforts. BUT naming them Rookie of the Year already, the season is yet to begin!

Reply #249760 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:27 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754