Anonymous
Years ago

Will only online tickets hurt Sixers?

For years people have been able to purchase 36ers at venuetix, and is the normal way to buy tickets. Is it possible that only being able to but tickets online will hurt the 36ers? If people go to venuetix will they be able to tell the people where they CAN get tickets? And the big question which needs answering is: how are people even going to which site to get tickets from!? Its not even on the 36ers site! IT atleast needs a link on the club site and perhaps even this one. I'd also be interested to see how many people buy their tickets at the door compared to pre-bought game night tickets.

Topic #21031 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Finding out ticket details to put them on the site. I'm sure you can buy tickets over the phone too or at the Dome. Will let you know once I've found out.

Reply #249916 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

I don't understand why so many people are up in arms about this. You can still buy tickets at the Dome. That's two less venues than you could previously. You can still use a thing called the "telephone" to call and buy tickets, which you can pay for on the spot, or collect at the stadium prior to the game. Or you can buy online, which you could also do previously.

So basically, two physical options have been removed from the ticket purchasing process - Thebby theatre, and some place at Marion. Thebby theatre is minutes away from the stadium (and the stadium has way better parking than the corner of South and Henley). It's really not that much difference.

Now lets look at the plus's. You can print your ticket out at home if you purchase online - no need to go anywhere to pick it up. This means that on game day, 30 minutes prior to the match, you can buy online and print wherever you are. You'd have to think that the 6ers have a better deal out of this, so that means better profit for the club - or should that be "a" profit for the club.

As for Venuetix telling people where to get tickets - I doubt it. Why would they, PROticket are the competition.

Status quo wasn't an option - if you keep doing the same thing, and expecting something to change, well that's the definition of stupidity. Obviously something needed to change, so SOS have found the things that most needed changing, and set about doing so (within a very short timeframe!)

Instead of focusing on the negative, why not pose the question like this "What do you think of the change in ticket provider." I just don't understand why so many people jump straight to the negative. Oh yeah, and not to mention, this topic has been done to death already.

Reply #249917 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Hems,

This may seem trivial, but once again why is it being stated that Venue-tix only had three outlets last season? They have plenty of outlets around town.

Reply #249919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you saying you couldn't previously buy 36er tixets at all the other Venutix outlets ? (listed below)
I find that very hard to believe.
I think you will find their are now many less places you can buy your tickets.

CITY
Da Costa Arcade - Cnr Grenfell St & Gawler Place Adelaide

METROPOLITAN

Adelaide Uni Union - Adelaide University Union, Level 4, Union House, Adelaide University.

Blackwood - Champs Sports Store, 2b/205 Main Rd

Burnside - Champs Sports Store, Burnside Village, Shop 70, 447 Portrush Rd

Elizabeth - Russells Newsagency, Elizabeth Shopping Centre, Shop 5, 50 Elizabeth Way

Flinders Uni - Union Shop, Sturt Road, Bedford Park

Marion - Campbell's Newsagency, Westfield Marion Shopping Centre, Shop 1012, 297 Diagonal Rd, Oaklands Park

Mile End South - ETSA Park, 155 Railway Tce

Modbury - Tea Tree Plaza News Plus, Shop 129/130, Level 1, Westfield Tea Tree Plaza, 976 North East Rd.

Noarlunga - Campbell's Newsagency, Centro Colonnades Shopping Centre, Shop GM16, 54 Beach Rd.

Torrensville - Thebarton Theatre, 112 Henley Beach Rd

West Lakes - West Lakes Newsagency, Shop 12 & 13 Westfield West Lakes Shopping Centre, 111 West Lakes Blvd.

COUNTRY
Tanunda* - Barossa Arts & Convention Centre, Magnolia Rd.

Gawler* - Gawler Records, 116 Murray St

Naracoorte - Leading Edge Music, 98 Smith St

Renmark - Townsend Renmark Tours, Industry Rd.

Whyalla - ABC Picture Framers & Gallery, 45 Playford Ave.

Pt Augusta - ABC Picture Framers & Gallery, 76 Commercial Rd.

Broken Hill - Jetset Travel, 380 Argent St.

Reply #249921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The venue will almost in all cases decide who the ticketing agent is. You hire the Ent Cent you dont get to chose who your ticketing agency is. The ticketing agency will often do deal with the venue direct and therefore the hirer has to use them

Reply #249922 | Report this post

Ben Fitzsimons  
Years ago

Hello All
I thought I might clarify some things for you.

There will be a link on the 36ers site to facilitate ticket purchases on line.

Veneutix confirmed with me that you could only buy 36ers tickets at 3 outlets ( 1 of which was the Dome the other 2 being Marion and Thebarton Theatre)

You will be able to print your tickets at home or work which you could not do previously.

There is potential to go to paperless tickets soon as well by having an eticket sent to your phone.

You will be able to select which area you want to sit in and the best available seats in that area.

You will be able to buy tickets online, over the phone through the Pro Ticket call centre, by 1300 SIXERS or in person at the dome.

You will be able to buy them at more outlets shortly. I will let you know where you will be able to buy the tickets in person if that is your preference as soon as the deals are done.

You can also arrange pick up of tickets on game night or to have them sent to your chosen address prior to the game.

And you will also be able to buy tickets at the door like always when they are available.

I trust this removes any confusion.

If you have any questions you can call the club on 1300 SIXERS Monday to Friday

Reply #249924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks a lot ben for taking the time to inform the diehard hoops sa fans! I really appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else does too.

My main concern when posting this was that: how were fans meant to know that pre-bought tickets are to be bought from PROticket. But now that you have mentioned that there will be a link up on the site that fixes the problem.

I was not trying to just focus on the negatives as Hems suggested, but just posing some question about concerns that I had.

Being able to print off tickets at home or at work is great news! This will make it super easy for punters to get their tickets.

Reply #249929 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Thanks for the response Ben. Always good to get an official response out there for all.

However the Venuetix 3 outlets is a very strange thing. I know previously of people who have purchased through Tea Tree Plaza, Marion, Elizabeth and Noarlunga but this is a few years ago now, so things may well have changed.

As for some other posts and responses I don't think it is meant to all be negative more a discussion of why a change has taken place in an aspect that most people would have thought was/would work well (ie a local ticket agency selling the tickets locally).
Clearly the deal was not favourable for the Sixers and that everyone can accept.

My only real concern and the reason for the initial post was that the ticketing webstie proticket.com.au dosn't come off/look overly professional/trust worthy for people to be handing their credit card information over the net.
Now I'm sure most forum regulars and Sixer regulars will adapt to the change without any problems and the print at home will be welcomed by all you would imagine. But my concern was more for the one off, the casual basketball fan the previous walk in to venuetix and purchase fan - how now will they know how to get tickets and will they feel comfortable handing over their credit card info in this way.

I'm still astounded by the number of people that are fearful of the internet in terms of purchasing things, handing over info etc. But I guess this is more to do with the media really pumping those scams and the ignorance of the people that fall for such things.

Reply #249933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last season I bought tickets from places other than the ones listed so that information is wrong. I bought tickets from Da Costa Arcade and Modbury (on 2 occasions).

Reply #249939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The three outlets is plain wrong. They were available everywhere.

Obviously someone at VenueTix made a mistake when discussing this year with Ben, might explain why they aren't being used anymore.

Reply #249944 | Report this post

robbo  
Years ago

Its very impressive to be anonymous and point fingers, Ben explained that he was told by venue tix they only sold from 3 oulets so you can only go with what you are told by someone who should no. There is a difference between raising concerns and continually doubting the people who saved our club and have to make decisions to continue it.Why not wait til after the season to raise concerns when everything has been done instead of jumping on them straight away when I am sure they would have many more plans yet and maybe it is all part of a bigger finish. But maybe short minded people are not capable of that.

Reply #249959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My concerns with a new ticket system is what are they going to do about the Adelaide crowd that leave it till the last minute to rock up to games and expect to get in straight away.
I hope for the sos's sake that the walk up fans will not be left waiting in line while the game is under way. This will create negative energy and will impact on future crowds at games.Comments to get there earlier havent worked in the last 20 years so why would they start now.

Reply #249962 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Anon, don't think there is a lot you can do about those who arrive 5 mins before tip off and buy a ticket on the night.

In any case, I don't think it would create as negative a vibe as you suggest. Most people (myself included) who rock up to watch a game at the last minute don't expect to walk in instantly. If I rock up at the last minute and miss a few minutes then on my own head be it!

Ben, I too am surprised Venuetix told you that they only sold Sixers tickets from 3 locations. I used to use Da Costa arcade all the time and have used Champs Sports Store in Blackwood the last few times.

Guess it doesn't matter too much now though, since the Sixers have switched providers and I'll happily be buying my tickets online from now on!

Reply #249967 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

i bought game nights tickets from Campbell's Newsagency Colonades i remember because they use a crappy dos type program to select your seats...

Reply #250136 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:10 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754