LC
Years ago

Cav's player arrested with cache of guns

Cleveland Cavaliers guard Delonte West was arrested after police pulled him over on his motorcycle for speeding and discovered a cache of guns, including a shotgun hidden in a guitar case.

West was charged with two counts of gun possession after a search revealled a .357 handgun in his pocket and another handgun in his pants and the shotgun stuffed into a guitar case on his back, the Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper reported.

The incident occurred Thursday on a road near his home in the state of Maryland said police spokesman Clinton Copeland.

During the 2008-09 season, West averaged 11.7 points, 3.2 rebounds and 3.5 assists.

Link: http://linky.com.au/giz31

NBA: http://linky.com.au/3x2n0

Topic #21033 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

His still trying to act like he is black! :P

How does someone carry a guitar case on a motorcycle?

Reply #249953 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

yep read this on Twitter this morning - unreal... I'd say he's gone.

He did add something more to the Cavs this year than Pavlovic did. Another scoring weapon and outside shooting to take some of the burden off that other bloke.

They do need to stretch the D to allow room for LBJ & now Shaq... trade coming?

Reply #249954 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'd say he is on the way out too...

Reply #249955 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

In fact, having looked at the legislation in Ohio administering and outlawing unlawful Gun Possession, it looks as though he will escape a jail term and may at the very worse have to do community work. However, If he was in New York he would most certainly face jail like Plaxico Burress the NFL player--funny story actually--who got caught with an unregistered gun in downtown New York and accidently shot himself..He got 2 years prison, as if getting shot wasn't enough justice haha.

Reply #249960 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

That been said though, he will certainly face a penalty from the Cav's head office i.e. Suspension from a large portion of games, terminate his contract (no idea if they can do that or not--Isaac can they?) or maybe fine him millions of dollars..Will be interesting to see outcome

Reply #249961 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Sad news about Delonte. Always liked his play for Boston - the guy was fearless and gave everything he had all the time - but there is definitely some serious issues going on with him though. He used to make some oddball comments to the media in Boston, then he had the depression issues last offseason and now this gun incident.

On top of that the Washinton Post attributed this to Delonte's dad:

"All I can say is Delonte was looking behind his back and protecting himself." He said his son was looking out for both specific people and because he was generally concerned about his well-being as a high-profile athlete.

So I don't know whether to think Delonte is just coming unhinged, or if there really are some people putting some pressure on behind the scenes.

Whatever it is, he is now in serious trouble with the NBA and his team, not to mention the law. I hope for his sake this is the wake up call he needs to get some help.

LC, one thing that MIGHT save West in Cleveland is the way he has stepped up for Lebron in the past. During the playoffs the past two seasons, Lebron has had precious few guys he could rely on but i reckon he'd say Delonte is one of them.

Reply #249964 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

What a knob. Why would you put yourself in any type of situation where you are/need to be riding a motorbike with three guns, let alone with a shotgun in a guitar case.

Does anyone remember his comments about 'keeping it real' when he was with Boston? Talked about having enough cash to take a girl out on a yacht and drink champagne, but will still serve her fried chicken, because that is what the hood is about.

Seems he would rather be a gangster than make to best for himself and his family. Idiot

Reply #249970 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

What a good bloke :D

Reply #249973 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

there are great pictures going around of the type of bike he was arrested on, its a hilarious 3 wheel thing. People making mad max and resident evil jokes.

You just cant believe he is this stupid, he is a different kinda guy and as bean said was pretty good is boston. There is also a weird clip that went around of him rapping with a friend at like a KFC drive through that is bizarre viewing.

Reply #249985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember this guy struggled badly with severe depression last season or the one before so it would be safe to say there's some sort of mental issues there (paranoia perhaps?) but alas it doesn't look like he has much of a future in the NBA.

Reply #249988 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agreed he provided value as a scoring threat on the perimeter last season, however despite this he is also undersized as a shooting guard and exposed them defensively at the same time. Only timely will tell what action (if any) is taken.

Reply #250001 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Shooting guard. Hehe.

Reply #250008 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Nice one Isaac.

LC, West is 6'3, so his size is okay for SG, and I think his defence is better than a lot of guys, including Mo Williams!

Having said that, if I were the Cavs, I would be starting Parker at SG for his shooting and defence anyway. Before West's indiscretion, I would have suggested starting him in place of Mo, but that ain't happening now!

Reply #250104 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:56 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754