MELBOURNE TIGERS 3.75
NEW ZEALAND BREAKERS 4.25
PERTH WILDCATS 5.00
TOWNSVILLE CROCODILES 5.50
ADELAIDE 36ERS 10.00
GOLD COAST BLAZE 11.00
CAIRNS TAIPANS 13.00
WOLLONGONG HAWKS 21.00

Melbourne's price is either there out of ignorance or the assumption that they will bring in an import sooner rather than later. Hawks are a touch long. Not sure that I'd have the 36ers on par with the Blaze and Taipans - maybe at $7-8 instead.

There are a few other options including this:
Championship 2009/10 - Group A Winner
GOLD COAST BLAZE 2.20
CAIRNS TAIPANS 2.80
WOLLONGONG HAWKS 3.45
The Hawks might be a reasonable shot there.

Nothing really appealing at this point. Might be better off waiting a couple of games to see how teams fare.

Topic #21041 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I would put NZ shorter. Blaze 21:1

Sixers/Crocs should be a bit closer, but like Isaac said, need to play a few games first to see how sides gel, how they travel, and then the odds will be more accurate.

Personally, I don't think we'll see the Sixers in the GF, but I am glad they are there

Reply #250027 | Report this post

ronnymac  
Years ago

Perth, NZ and maybe Adelaide gotta be shorter odds then melbourne.

Reply #250028 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Crocs at $5.50, my god!

Reply #250040 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Crocs seem to be overated at this stage IMO along with the Tigers with Anstey out. I think the Crocs over acheived last yr & Rillie will be a big loss.

NZ should be the clear favourite followed by Perth. If Burston can remain healthly & both imports fire I think we will suprise a lot of teams

Reply #250046 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

A couple of big bets on NZ and Perth would be worth it I reckon. Even if only one of those two made the GF you'd have enough to cover any potential loss by betting on the other GF team.

Reply #250070 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

NZ very good bet and Perth could do some serious improving if all stay healthy. Melb is still a healthy roster and they will add to the current list before play offs so write them off at your peril.

Reply #250117 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

GOLD COAST BLAZE 2.20
CAIRNS TAIPANS 2.80
WOLLONGONG HAWKS 3.45

Now at
GOLD COAST BLAZE 2.00
CAIRNS TAIPANS 2.80
WOLLONGONG HAWKS 4.00

Reply #250249 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sportsbet have Adelaide at $17:

New Zealand Breakers 2.50
Melbourne Tigers 4.00
Gold Coast Blaze 7.50
Perth Wildcats 7.50
Townsville Crocodiles 7.50
Adelaide 36ers 17.00
Cairns Taipans 21.00
Wollongong Hawks 23.00
Far too big a gap between Crocs and 36ers. And I'd have Hawks up from last. Breakers are too short at $2.50 before the season's even started.

FWIW, I have gone with Adelaide to finish ahead of Cairns (paying $1.72) and NZ to finish ahead of Perth and Townsville ($2.30 - better odds than head to head with Perth, and I just don't see Townsville being the top team).

Will watch to see if the Tigers odds blow out a bit after the first few rounds. 36ers are long at $17 above, but if they stumble in Cairns and can't beat the Breakers, they should be even better value and probably worth a shot?

Reply #250338 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:28 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754