Isaac
Years ago

Breakers vs Cairns, Sep 24

Game one of the 2009/10 NBL season and a chance to preview the 36ers' opponents for Saturday night, Cairns.

The Taipans take on championship favourites New Zealand and the game is on Fox from 5pm Eastern (4:30 Adelaide time).

Phill Jones, new in Cairns, might have a point to make against his old team while the Taipans also have ex-Breaker Rich Melzer.

Should be an interesting start to the season.

Breakers have a strong side this year and are at home - could the Taipans surprise them? Your tips?

Topic #21089 | Report this topic

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Breakers by 15pts

Reply #250511 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I went Breakers by 14 on Gaze.com.

What do you think Isaac?

Reply #250515 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

Breakers by alot...plus 15..

Reply #250516 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

I'm getting a tad excited boys, Basketball season is only hours away!!!
Should be a good game with Breakers getting the points.

Reply #250529 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

NZ at home.
It might help Adelaide a little bit with Cairns travelling.

Reply #250533 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Breakers by 18+

Reply #250538 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DB5, on paper and with home court advantage, Breakers by 10-15. But, it's the first game and Cairns have caused a bit of trouble over there in the past.

Breakers favs with Centrebet at $1.17 (Cairns $5) and the margin is tipped at around 10.

Reply #250550 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Breakers will go in favourites, but CJ isn't fit, Ronaldson has missed a bit of training and Storey is still finding his feet. I think this will be a close one, Cairns have a good record in NZ. Breakers by 4.

Reply #250559 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I'm a biased Breakers fan but I think with the depth we have off the bench and the fact our team hasn't changed that much in the offseason we gonna take the W. Taipans have yet to gel where we only have to hope that our Import who played for 3 NBA teams can play lol

Reply #250578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers by 10.

Reply #250583 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Game will be decided in paint and at line (fouls will be critical in 40 minute game.
Good points Paul.
I think it will be a battle between Rickert, Ronaldson and Rychart,Crosswhite.
The shooters should cancel one another unless someone gets hot.
Taipans probably better lead in form. Breakers slight favourites at home.

Reply #250590 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Good viewing was the first quarter .
Early call but 10 minute quarters seemed to tighten up the product without seeming too short .
Another visual thing but would love to see a black keyway in NZ . The blue is distracting whilst the black would add mood to the court and make the players stand out .
Enjoying the Breakers offensive flow and outside shooting is ripe as expected .

Reply #250598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mauori commentary is something Sengstock needs to serioulsy look at, and try to rectify. Its very ugly on the ears to listen to these biast and monotone guys. Dont worry to much about the music stuff yet Larry, potentially the next NBL champs could have the worst tv product on offer!

Bring on BT and Russel, they will keep me awake.

Reply #250604 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

How in the world are the Taipans only 8 down at half. Breakers shooting the lights out. Penney, CJ and Ronaldson hit a prayer.
Taipans playing poorly. Man defence is woeful.
Hard to see what Skip Mills brings. Definitely not ball handling and decision making. He can't seem to read a pick at all.
Hard to see what Awvee brings as well. Rebounding???
Dusty and Phil Jones are keeping Taipans from being blown out.

Reply #250605 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Yes the commentary is pretty bad , if Neither of them could name Adam Gibson as the former bullet and current Australian PG then more research and immersion in the league is needed and its history would be a good approach .
We do need to respect that this is a NZ broadcast and maybe just have a laugh at the nuances and Maori translations .

Reply #250610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cj and penny 16 from 20.......3 pointers....nice work

Reply #250616 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sengstock has to seriously look at Maori commentary? I don't think he has a choice - his Fox deal would have a lot less games if it wasn't for the inclusion of the Breakers home games - it's a chance to see your team twice on the road that you might not have otherwise received.

I really can't see why it's such a problem. They're not that bad and easy to ignore or turn down if you don't like them.

Reply #250643 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:10 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754