Isaac
Years ago

36ers MVP: Enter your votes for Cairns vs Adelaide

MVP voting might've been a bit more exciting after a win, but it's still good to reward the players who succeed during the course of the year.

You can login and submit your MVP votes here:

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/index.php?id=members

First time around, please hit the "Have your password emailed to you". If you are already a member, it's likely that your email address is on file with a randomised password ready to go that can be emailed to you. Keep in mind that it could be one of a few email addresses if you have used a work, home, uni email with the club before.

If your email address is not found in the database and you are a paid member (gold season ticket or adult/junior membership), email me ([email protected]) your name, membership type, email, etc and I'll have it verified with the club's database.

If your email address is not found and you're not a member, you can use the fan registration to create an account. That will email you a password allowing you to login and submit your votes.

Fan votes will count more out of interest, but votes from members will be the ones that are used to determine the end of year winner. Over the course of the season, the Leaderboard tab will show you your personal MVP as well as the members choice.

It's a new system largely built by one of my new staff (Tom, who has done an excellent job considering he's fairly new to the language and working while studying full-time!) so if you find any bugs and things that are confusing, be sure to drop us an email and we'll keep working on it.

After a flurry of early-adopters (Hoops readers), I'll start plugging this all on the 36ers' site and hopefully mail out to everyone so more fans can get involved.

Voting on a given game will be available for up to a week after a game has been played. We're using the usual 3-2-1 format. Who you vote for is up to you. Personally, I like to use the 3 and 2 for the primary contributors and then save a 1 vote for someone that made a key team-oriented play or was a pinch-hitter off the bench.

If you have any suggestions on more things we can add in the short term, yell out.

I've added a few one-question surveys for people to complete and we'll add more during the season to stay abreast of how people are feeling about game nights and things like that. At the risk of overpromising before it's ready, Assistant Coach Liam Flynn is working hard to get us a highlights clip from Mahersy's last game that we can put up there too for people to download and save.

Topic #21125 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

good idea but bit hard for games no one can see

Reply #250963 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's always the case, so you will have to go by stats for non-televised games. If we preclude away games, people may have seen them on TV or been at the game (e.g., EC in Cairns last weekend).

Reply #250964 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just a quick update - if you use Hotmail or Live for your email and don't receive your password quickly, it's likely due to overzealous spam protection/blocking. I'll try to handle as many of these manually if I can (have just done yours Skip) unless there is a flurry of them - just letting these users know that there might be a slight delay.

Reply #250965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah good point and fair enough. at least this year will be better with fox showing a reasonable amount of 36ers road games, something which hasn't happened for some time.

Reply #250966 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Great stuff!
Probably a somewhat easy three to pick in this weeks game, but there will be some tough road games that are unseen no doubt.

Reply #250985 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

So seeing as EC was at the the game - will her 3 votes for Dusty carry more weight than someone who is only going off the box scores?

;)

Reply #251002 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You jest, but he had really good numbers and if I had access to doctor the Cairns voting, I would almost upgrade a vote from EC for Dusty to a 4 for the humour value alone.

Reply #251024 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Interesting with the MVP votes. All players bar one have attracted at least one MVP vote. Even Molitor has a vote and has he even played a minute?

Isaac, when will you give Coops his login account?

Reply #251793 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:54 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754