LC
Years ago

Garnett ready to go

It is reported that the Celtic's KG is ready to play, having taken part in 5-on-5 scrimmages this past week with Celtic team mates. He is now set to report to training camp at full capacity in what is great news for Boston.

ESPN Link: http://linky.com.au/pscf1]

After spending much of the summer rehabbing in Las Vegas, Garnett returned to Boston earlier in September and had been participating in drills with his teammates until a week ago, when he began scrimmaging again.
"It's up and down, man. There ain't no standing around in 5-on-5," Garnett said.

News that is sure to brighten Beantown's day!

Topic #21139 | Report this topic

Beantown  
Years ago

Too true LC, you can colour me tickled shamrock green, especially with this quote from KG:

"Better than anything I'm playing without any pain, which is something I really haven't had for some time now."

What I love even more though, is that even if KG goes down again, with Wallace able to step in for the C's, they would still have a shot at making the Finals.

Reply #251078 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think the C's would do well to share KG's minutes equally with Wallace and then give KG more court time in the lead into the finals to condition him. No point in having KG sidelined again come the playoffs. Better to finish around the top 4 in the East rather than pitch for first place and enter the playoffs without your main guys. The C's with a core of Allen, Pierce, Garnett and Wallace are an ageing team and they really need to win a Championship this season to make it worthwhile.

Reply #251090 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

It will be interesting to see how Doc handles the minutes of his big three. It may not be quite an equal share between KG and Sheed, but I would be surprised to see KG average more than 30 mins during the regular season.

I think the competitive nature of all of the main guys on the Celtics will mean that they will still chase the #1 seed, but perhaps they might be quicker to settle for second or third if their bodies are starting to feel the grind late in the season.

But if things go to plan, I think the depth they have accumulated this off-season will ensure the big three are not called back in the 4th quarter to save games as often as they were last year, so they will all get a lot more rest.

I think if they can manage minutes correctly, the team can still win 60+ games and reach the playoffs with the big three in good shape.

I reckon something like this would be ideal:

Perk 28 Davis 14 S Williams
KG 30 Sheed 24 Scal
Pierce 32 Daniels 12 Walker
Ray 30 House 18 T. Allen/ Giddens
Rondo 36 Daniels 12

Daniels will fill in at both SF and PG. When Daniels is playing PG, House will defend the opposing PG but play off the ball as SG on offence, while Daniels or Pierce handle the ball.

If Walker learns how to fit into the offensive and defensive sets, its possible he will be used to matchup against more physical SF's at times. Tony and Giddens will fight it out for garbage time minutes behind House unless one or the other suddenly makes a great leap forward.

If it was me running the show, I'd be a little happier with a true backup PG signed to the final slot, but it really depends on finding the right guy.

Other interesting news the other day was that Raja Bell is on the block. If the Celtics could hand them a couple of expiring contracts in Scal and Tony, plus Walker or Giddens, Bell would be an awesome backup for Ray.

Not sure that would be enough though. The Cats must be trying to dump money and that wouldn't dump any for them, so they'd need value. Walker or Giddens gives them someone with a bit of upside, but I reckon they'd probably want a pick too and I doubt Danny wants to give away another pick right now.

Reply #251099 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wow Beantown, someone just can't wait for the NBA season!

Not sure if the C's will deal any more though myself. They may well just stick with what they have and ensure a settled team. They will be hoping like hell Rondo doesn't get injured for sure.

Reply #251112 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Also, found this for you Beantown...in fact all Celtic fans should read this ESPN article by Chris Sheridan.

Link: http://linky.com.au/qes7x

"Ten moments from Boston's new Garden"

Reply #251114 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:34 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754