ticketless
Years ago

36ers game night tickets

im sure this has been brought up before, but what is up with the way tickets can be purchased for this season? my mum just went to venuetix to purchase tickets for saturdays game (which we've been able to do for god knows how long) and was told that unfortunately they dont sell them through venuetix anymore. the only ways to purchase game night tickets r via the website Proticket, on the phone or at the dome. this is a massive mistake. do they really want people turning up to games this year? or r they relying soley on season ticketers to fill up the stadium? not everyone has credit cards, or are able to drive to findon, especially if they r coming from far away, twice in a week. once to buy tickets and again for the game. just terrible.

Topic #21145 | Report this topic

Got Tickets  
Years ago

Book your tickets over the phone and then pay for them when you pick them up.

Call 1300 SIXERS.

Reply #251101 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The ticket purchasing options for the 36ers this year are listed on their web site here: Game Night Tickets

Reply #251106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor option in my view.. big mistake by the sixers

Reply #251111 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Oh noes! something is different from before! circumstances have changed! how will we ever cope?!?

Non sarcastic answer - do what Isaac said.

Life is about adaptation to change.

Reply #251115 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

I mean what 'Got Tickets' said. My bad.

Reply #251116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"not everyone has credit cards, or are able to drive to findon, especially if they r coming from far away, twice in a week. once to buy tickets and again for the game. just terrible."

buy them at the door on the day of the game...duh...this has been an option for god knows how many years now...?

Reply #251127 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

You are right ticketless it's been done before and I don't think we care anymore. What happens when they have more outlets which they will have if you ask the club, do you then complain because thet don't suit you anyway. So is it the club's fault or your's because of where you live?

Reply #251128 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, that's fine, but a lot of people do like to choose seats in advance rather than gamble on the night.

I think booking over the phone and paying on the night is probably a good option. I still have a dream of an interactive online Dome map but someone would have to specify the location of each seat somehow - 7k+ of them!

During ticketing negotiations I think the club were led to believe that Venuetix sold 36ers tickets through fewer physical outlets than they actually did and, as such, the change will impact more than expected.

Reply #251130 | Report this post

ticketless  
Years ago

robbo why should i be segregated just becoz i happen to live a good hours drive from the dome? do u live near findon? well i dont. it in an extreme inconvenience and as to what anon wrote "buy them at the door on the day of the game...duh"... ummm what about if its a sell out? or the only available seats r nose bleeders? that is extremely unfair to those who dont live within a 5km radius of the Dome. i surely hope they review this at seasons end and rectify it.

Reply #251137 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

My poor lonely far away friend ticketless, how about you contact the club, Ben is GM and Dean is Membership manager and both are part of SOS (easy info on the website) DO you get internet living so far away. Ask them what is planned before slagging off and acting the expert. We should be spending this week excited about our first game not finding more things to whinge about or in your case rehashing old things to whinge about. But I am sure they will review it to prevent you geting nose bleeds.

Reply #251144 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

I know people who live further from the Dome than you and they don't have a problem. They were keen enough to find out long ago where and how to get their tickets.

Reply #251145 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Please let's not discourage any ticket buyers.

Ticketless, is booking over the phone and paying on the night a problem for you? The admin staff will be able to help you secure some decent seats I'm sure - give them a call, explain the situation and I think they'd be able to help you.

Reply #251148 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Only my opinion and I've been wrong before, but a big crowd for this Saturday - I can just feel it in the air.

Reply #251153 | Report this post

mj  
Years ago

I reckon they should be happy with anything near 5,000 for this Saturday. Considering the absolute lack of press and promotion.

Reply #251157 | Report this post

ticketless  
Years ago

do i get internet living so far away?... now there's an intelligent question seeing i am posting this on an internet website FOOL! all i am saying is that by not having tickets available via an outlet such as venuetix, it will make it just a little harder.

Just a question Isaac, when u ring to book ur seats... and pay and pick up on the night... how do u assure ur seats? do u need to leave credit card details or is it just a point of leaving ur contact details and booking ur seats and that's it?

Reply #251159 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ring the club and ask. I don't handle their ticketing! ;)

If you have a credit card, try the ProTicket.com.au site - you can print your tickets out or have them left for you at the door.

Reply #251162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can also get your mum to ring the club if you don't want to ring them....

Reply #251167 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

People, there's no reason to be dicks, I think he's got a legitimate gripe in that it is more difficult to obtain tickets this season than it was before. The Sixers obviously considered that the potential loss in ticket sales was outweighed by the savings in Venuetix not taking a cut, which is fine, but hopefully ticketless and others in his position use one of the work arounds and pack the dome out this season.

Reply #251176 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

Ticketless started this by saying he lived over an hour away and no credit card, now he is asking Isaac if he needs to leave a credit card to book tickets and pay on the night and you are calling us dicks? Sometimes people complain because they can and not because they need to. Maybe ticketless use to work for Venuetix but has nothing to do anymore

Reply #251183 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Robbo,

Im pretty sure that Ticketless didn't say they didnt have a credit card, rather they said "not everyone has credit cards, or are able to drive to findon"

I think you will also find that a lot of older people who do have credit cards still have a bit of a stigma about using their cards online due to what they percieve as a lack of security, so having less outlets at which to buy tckets IS an issue for some people. Sure there are other options on how to get your tickets and other posters have happily conveyed that information and helped out a potential ticket buyer.

Your attitude of 'it doesnt affect me so its not a real problem - so just deal with it' is counter productive and Im sure the club would rather have 'supporters' like you say nothing at all rather than sprout off and potentially put others off coming to the games.

Reply #251196 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

My point was not "It does not concern me so I don't care" my point is how about supporting the guys that saved our club and trusting the hard decisions they have to make to keep our club instead of bagging them every chance people get, or ring the club and ask the question not bag them without trying to get answers from people that can give them

Reply #251237 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

going away from venuetix and not using one of the known ticket agents is a STUPID IDEA!!! creates more of a problem for people to get tickets if they don't know where to get them, which would now be 98% of Adelaide... well done 6ers on another fantastic idea... high five for stupidity

Reply #251310 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

oh and hollywood seats for $550? anyone actually going to waste money on that???

Reply #251311 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Well their website is certainly a bitch to use.

Reply #251315 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ricey, that's the idea. It's not a premium product if you can afford it. You can still get courtside for $290/6games.

Reply #251335 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

it's not a premium product though if people don't want it in general... they should be more worried about selling it out first before putting on some extravagant shit like that

Reply #251545 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:27 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754