Isaac
Years ago

36ers to retire Maher's number 5 this Saturday

The Adelaide 36ers are retiring club champion Brett Maher's #5 this Saturday at the season opener against the Breakers.

As some of you will have read in Boti's articles, they've also marked a spot on the court where Brett hit that giant three in his final game at the Dome last season. (Aside: It should act as an NBA-Jam hotspot worth five points... but maybe only active after Kirk and CJ have left on Sunday.)

To be there and help mark the occasion, make sure you have your tickets.

You can pre-purchase through ProTicket.com.au, at the Dome or via the phone (1300 SIXERS).

Remember that in the Season Teaser, when it asks where you'll be on October 3rd, there's no option for "At home on the couch, missing out." ;)

Topic #21156 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

cant wait! any idea how long before the game the number retirement is going to happen? I fell the time should be advertised seeing as the fans are always rocking up at the last minute. If they actually want the stands to be full during the retirement of the number then fans need to be encouraged to get there x minutes early

Reply #251216 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, I'll ask.

Reply #251221 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I think it is happening at half time.

Reply #251222 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

does the ball catch fire if you nail it from the hotspot?

Reply #251224 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Skip, you need a voice grab from NBA Jam. Every time some one does hit a shot from the "Maher spot" you can play "is it the shoes?".

Reply #251227 | Report this post

Number 44  
Years ago

Will the retired singlet be Red or Blue?

Reply #251229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nice touch with that mark on the court, though i do kinda wonder if its overkill. That said i did not notice it during the pre season game.

Reply #251230 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Half-time has been confirmed.

Reply #251233 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Damn won't be there. We have a wedding to go too. And for some reason they do not want to move the day for us. Have given tickets away though so seat will be filled by avid basketball fans.

Reply #251260 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

I was also advised via email from Ben F, that DVDs of Brett's last game will also be available on the 3rd.

Reply #251265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My understanding is it will be before the game.

Reply #251272 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I'll take a DVD. How much?

Reply #251278 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

You could get them last year. Awesome game to watch.

Reply #251302 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, the retiring of Maher's singlet is scheduled for half-time.

Reply #251334 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I seen to recall the time clock showed 5.5
when he took that shot.

Reply #251341 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

Is that a DVD of Brett Maher's last game in Adelaide or his final game in the NBL in the playoffs? If its the playoffs game, I'd rather forget that ever happened and that Maher finished his career on such a low note both in terms of team's performance and personal performance.

I like to remember his last game as the final one in Adelaide. It's working well for me so far.

Reply #251353 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Obviously the one at the Dome! I think Liam at the 36ers has got a 17GB AVI and we're trying to get it down to something more reasonable as a download, which isn't going to be 17GB...

Reply #251365 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Isaac, do you need a copy in DVD format already?

Reply #251368 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, would prefer an AVI. I want to get a highlights AVI up for members (ideally) and then a downloadable, full-game one for online sale if we can. Liam is learning about video compression whether he likes it or not!

Reply #251372 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Okay.

Reply #251375 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

My bad, turns out the Maher moment has been rescheduled to occur during the pre-game formalities. Please make sure you arrive on time to see it!

Reply #251384 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:18 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754