yvonne and john
Years ago

Milbank Photography - Two 36ers Legends

There was an opportunity at the Dome today for media to speak with Brett and Mark Davis on Brett's forthcoming singlet retirement on Saturday night, and what it meant to both players to have their singlets retired. Here is a selection of images:

Two Legends

Topic #21164 | Report this topic

TP  
Years ago

I'm pleased to see that they chose blue for Brett's singlet. Mark Davis is still looking pretty fit for a guy who's approaching 50 (if he hasn't hit 50 already)!

Reply #251392 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I think I heard that your retirement singlet is meant to be the same colour as it was in the last season you played. I like that they have the different logos on each singlet.

Reply #251398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the other players singlets that are supposed to be retired, Where are they and why don't they get a mention?

Reply #251405 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They weren't fully retired. If they were, Herbert, Hill, Farley, Rogers, etc wouldn't have worn those numbers since. They were more "honoured" than retired and their names are going on some sort of honour board instead.

Reply #251406 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Geez, you'd think they could have bought him a singlet that fits! :P

Seriously though, the thing I'm happiest about is to see that photo showing Mark Davis's singlet finally hanging from the rafters like it should have been years ago. That looks much better than having the number stuck up on a wall.

The fact that SOS has done that within about two months and pervious ownership failed to do it for about 10 years says it all really.

I've got a good feeling about how the club is being run now. It finally feels like ownership has some real pride in the club, which makes a nice change compared to the last few years.

Reply #251424 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It is feel good now. These are people that are intuatively in touch with things, fans and the like.
Doing a lotta good things.

Reply #251425 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:37 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754