Vincent Vega
Years ago

Funny 2004/5 NBL Attendance Figures

2004/5 NBL attendance figures are available here.

For Adelaide:

03/04 average: 5481
04/05 average: 4769
03/04 total: 93180
04/05 total: 76305

Topic #2118 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

far out 15 bucks a ticket and still on the decrease...thats shitty promo

Reply #24029 | Report this post

Well at least not decreased the value of the product. To do that would mean increased crowds! Sack the marketing people NOW. Tools!

Reply #24032 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

Lets do the sums:

93,180 - 76,305 = 16,875

16875 x $15 = $253,125

Fixed costs remain fairly much the same... Not good for the bottom line!

Reply #24036 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I bet boy wonder and his crew work out a way that they actually increased the attendances this year...

16,875 people less through the gates.Lets be very very generous and say that these people where worth only $15 a head that is almost $253,125 the club missed out on.

Dont take in to consideration the car parking these people did not pay (my figure at least another $25k)

Also factor in the reduced food and drink sales

Factor in the cost of the marketing people and all of a sudden the club is almost $500k worse off than last year.

If BASA did not make money last year how will the go this year?

Reply #24037 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The four teams that saw crowds decrease were Cairns (down 712 per game), Sydney (down 115), Townsville (down 66) and Adelaide (down 712). Cairns had a shocking season which would partly explain the drop in crowds, but Adelaide was top four for most of the year.

I'd like to see Adelaide's 2002/03 figures (even an estimate).

I've been told that 1500 freebie tickets were handed out to each game last season. But then it's also been said (as an argument against giveaways) that the take-up rate of these tickets was around 10%. So, even if you account for a drop of 150/game, Adelaide's crowds were still down despite the efforts of the players.

Hunter averaged more people per game than Brisbane or Melbourne!

Biggest increase after Hunter was Perth, almost 700 up each game.

Reply #24038 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

In fairness to the crack marketing team at present, didn't the Sixers play 17 home games last year and 16 this year. That wouldn't impact the average, but it would marginally make the totals look worse than they really are.

Reply #24044 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Adelaide still second in attendance figures overall, Townsville first.
Lowest is NZ - does that say anything? Would like to see if NZ figures are actually better than Canberra or Newcastle before they went bust.

Reply #24096 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Here's another point - less games in league this season, as noted at bottom of nbl.com page.

So, add on another (ave) 4,769 to sixers' total 76,305... equals 81074.

Reply #24103 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

wak, that's been noted further up. Only effects those doing the 16,000 by 25 calculation, and not the "down 712 per game" figure.

Reply #24104 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Surprised to see Townsville were down at all! I understand this thread isn't really about them and your probably saying its only 66 people, but with the year they had and how feral there fans are, wow!

Adelaide needs to bite the bullet (no pun intended) and this offseason, do some strong commercial campagning. Ofcourse this costs strong money aswell. But it costs money to make money. This team/sport needs to turn around its forgotten image. There were nights when there was absoultely nothing else on in Adelaide this season, and still half full stadiums, unacceptable!

Maybe the low crowds were due to the boring season previous. If this is the case, and the admin have to conduct surveys case studies etc to find this type of info out, then advertise, explaing that this is a new, more exciting team.

I still remember the amount of people that I TOLD, when Willie Farley returned! He's a charasmatic, good looking guy, get his face on TV at the start of the year selling tickets!

Reply #24106 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Well, can't really do marketing when you've only got Oscar returning.

Reply #24140 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:33 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754