Anonymous
Years ago

1997 NBA finals on ONE HD right now!!

1997 NBA finals on ONE HD...
bulls against utah the game jordan was extremely ill! How good is ONE HD?

Topic #21180 | Report this topic

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Ya,

awesome..

Reply #251535 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

ONE HD - Where amazing happens

Reply #251536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is awesome. Great bball, no tats, no posturing, just guys playing ball. Spppeeeeccciiaalllll.

Reply #251539 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

It's also nice to see the contact let go much more than what we get today.

Reply #251540 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

ONE HD I luv ya! Perfect for late on a Friday night.

I was never a big fan of how physical the NBA was allowed to get in the 90s, but that was still an excellent game.

Jordan just had an indomitable will that got him through this game. Pippen was good too, especially in the 2nd quarter when he and Jordan willed their team mates back into the contest with maniacal defence.

Looking back, the Jazz had more talent across their roster and could have won that game and the series, but they just didn't have the iron will of Jordan when the game was on the line. Too many mistakes, especially from Malone.

What a hairdo Rodman had in that game - he was one crazy cat!

Anyone else hear the commentators talking about how Jackson, Jordan and Pipper were all willing to come back on one year deals the following season? Anyone remember exactly how things played out and why Jordan, et al did call it quits in the end?

Was it just because Jordan decided he couldn't go out any better than the way he ended game 6? Krause's penny pinching? The lockout shortened season in '99? I don't recall exactly what happened myself, though I know Krause, Jordan et al still don't get along.

Reply #251541 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Ooops, must be late, that was the 1997 series wasn't it? Guess they did come back for one more year!

Reply #251542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From memory Jordan played a fair chunk of his career on a 6 year deal for like $18m so when he came back from baseball after those 17 games in the '95 season he did three one year deals in each of '96, '97 & '98 ranging from about $25m to a huge $36m in 1998. He rightfully cashed in.

The Lockout delayed the start of the '98-99 season (season started around Feb '99 I think) and Krause wanted to start rebuilding but Jordan hung on for most of the lockout but then officially retired in January '99. MJ felt he was pushed into retirement by Krause.

Reply #251543 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Loving One HD...was very nostalgic viewing last night and brought back all the memories.

Hopefully they show more of these "flashback" games as well during the season.

Also, is there any news of whether One HD is going to show NCAA College basketball this year as well? They showed the March Madness (college finals) last season but there has been no info to my knowledge if they are going to show in season games.

Reply #251555 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

how much can you tell the difference in things such as the quality of audio recording back then, its only like 12 years but the gap is huge. See the ear piece on Marv :-)

Reply #251559 | Report this post

jakarta in NBL  
Years ago

Jordan was hungover, that's why he was sick.

Reply #251572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a bit sad watching the late Brian Williams (Bison Dele) playing.

Reply #251576 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Not sure what was more sad...his game or his demise

Reply #251597 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:51 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754