Anonymous
Years ago

36ers Video Streaming

Something fans have been asking for for ages has finally been delivered. For just $5 per game you can watch the 36ers home games online on the 36ers website. Absolutely fantastic work by the club and should also generate some extra money for the club.

http://linky.com.au/k216m

Topic #21184 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Oh god yes! If I had have known I would have stayed at home!

Reply #251627 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

My son, who lives and works in Melbourne, watched the live streaming. Some people will be aware how starved of Adelaide coverage you can be in that city, and he really appreciated it. He's a mad basketball fan...heading to the US at Christmas to watch NBA games in NY, New Orleans and LA.

Reply #251662 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Are we likely to see more of this happening around the league soon? I'd certainly pay $5 a game to watch any of the road games that they could show. I'd assume the Foxtel ones wouldn't be able to be covered via this, but apart from them, that's still a lot of 36ers games that I'd otherwise just be watching the broken Live Scoring on the NBL web site.

Reply #251680 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Would pay to watch away games. Not interested in home games because I plan to be there. LOL

Think it is a great move by the club and would like it incorprated in Season Ticket packages or from the merchadise both as a pre pay product. Quality and delivery needs to be good though. I have often watched live scores in the past, listened to radio and video is soo much better.

Reply #251686 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Does anyone know if it's $5 per game or $5 registration for the season?

Reply #251692 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

would be great if they used that footage and put a weekly highlights package on youtube. $5 is a bargain as the bball is the only reason i keep foxtel

Reply #251693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just out of curiosity, how much data does it take to stream a game?

I too would like to see a package, perhaps $50 for the season and then it is out of the way..

what was quality like?

anyone take screen captures?

Reply #251706 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

John posted this link for us in the game thread

DJ, don't know about a PC screen, but it was good enough to be shown on a 50 inch plasma, with stats alongside on a 46 inch LCD, thus:

Streaming Example - Capture

Reply #251818 | Report this post

OZBBallDream  
Years ago

Great idea, I have often said Foxtel should have a really cheap package just for sports and nothing else, no movies, no other channels, just the sports ones, and you can uprgrade to other packages from there. If the quality is good with this live streaming, then even better, fantastic !, has anyone used it yet ?, what was it like ?

Reply #252168 | Report this post

MatT Round  
Years ago

Thanks to the 36ers for getting the streaming so we can watch games online...awesome service when I can't get to games. Good commentary, always great to hear Al, love the whole thing and for $5 it's value. One thing...any way to get some type of live score so we can follow exactly where the game is at without having to rely on the commentators? Maybe a small scoreboard at half court or something; that's my only complaint!

Reply #259419 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:33 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754