LC
Years ago

NBA Finals Predictions

So who will vie for the 2009/10 NBA Championship?

In a poll conducted by NBA GM's, it appears they feel that the Lakers and Celtics are set to fight it out, with the Cectics pipping the Cav's for the Eastern Conference title. However 61% pick the Lakers to re-peat.

What are you thoughts?

For mine:

Eastern Conference: Cavs def Celtics
Western Conference: Lakers def Trailblazers
Cav's to finally get over the line.

ESPN Link: http://linky.com.au/yrp6t

Topic #21211 | Report this topic

Annex1  
Years ago

East: Celtics over Cavaliers in 6
West: Lakers over Spurs in 7

Finals: Celtics over Lakers in 6

Reply #251955 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Pretty early call to make, but I'm basically with Annex1, give or take a game!

Anyone see that DeJuan Blair put up 16 pts, 19 rebs today against Andersen's Rockets? If his knees hold out, the Spurs just made out like bandits again! He and Jefferson *might* get the Spurs to another West Finals, although its all going to come down to what Timmy D's body has left in the tank.

If not the Spurs, I also think it is likely to be the Blazers challenging the Lakers in the West Finals. How far they can go depends on whether or not Oden finally breaks out IMO.

Orlando still has a shot in the East, but I feel like they pretty much stood still by swapping Hedo for Vince, whereas Cleveland has given itself a new offensive weapon in Shaq and shored up their perimeter play with Parker and Moon. What it may come down to is whether the Vince/ Dwight pick and roll is as deadly to the Cavs as the Hedo/ Dwight one was last May!

Provided KG stays healthy though, I love the depth and balance of the Celtics, so I really think they can account for either Cleveland or Orlando and go onto knock off the Lakers in an epic 7 game series. Both teams have three great big men to rotate, and the Pierce-Artest and Allen-Kobe matchups are as good as it gets.

Reply #251971 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

So that I'm not presented as bias, let the NBA GMs do the voting:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2009-10-06-gm-survey_N.htm?csp=34

BTW they've been pretty good over the past

Reply #251986 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

East: Celtics over Cavs.
West: Spurs over Lakers.
Celtics Champions (biased somewhat).

I'll make a NBA 09/10 prediction thread once a few more preseason games are completed, but I really like the Spurs and Celtics this year, they have very balanced rosters. Beantown, if you could put money on DeJuan Blair to finish top 5 in the rookie votes, i'd be on that in a jiffy.

Reply #251995 | Report this post

MadeInThe'Laide  
Years ago

Death, Taxes, and the Spurs in June.

Reply #252121 | Report this post

kobe-24  
Years ago

east cavs over celtics in 6
west lakers over nuggets in 7

lakers over cavs in 6

Reply #252584 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:37 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754