LC
Years ago

Andersen impresses in Rocket's win over Celtics

The Rockets beat the Celtics today in a pre-season hit-out. Australian David Andersen put in a solid showing.

Andersen had 11 points on 5/7 shooting to go with 2 rebounds, 1 blocked shot and just 1 turnover in 12 min of action. He had a +/- of +10.

Looking promising so far for Andersen's rookie season.

Andrew Bogut played the entire first quarter before sitting the rest of the game in a loss to the Pistons. He had a good showing in his 12min though, leading the Bucks to a 30-24 quarter time lead on the back of his 8 points (4/6 shooting), 4 rebounds, 1 blocked shot and zero turnovers.

Topic #21227 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was terrible in he's first game. only difference was he actually hit them this time.

Reply #252145 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

interesting to note, Trev went 1 for 11. don't think I've ever seeing him shoot this bad in LA.

Reply #252148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im still impressed with Aleks Maric getting 16 points and 21 rebounds against the nuggets!

Reply #252150 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Ariza's shooting could show a few things. Not having seen the game, but I'd think he'd be the Rockets 'goto' guy on the offensive end with Yao and T-Mac out.

Ariza has no Kobe, Gasol or Bynum on the Rockets squad that the defense has to worry about. The time and space he got with the Lakers was a luxury, he won't see it with the Rockets.

That Rockets squad has zero offensive firepower. I'm interested to see what T-Mac has left in the tank, plus it's his contract year. The Rockets could be that 'junk yard dog' team this season.

Reply #252151 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

thank you TR, so yes, all that junk of saying Trev better than Artest can be put to rest.

Reply #252154 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Saw that today LC. Don't know if I'd say he impressed, but he did do what he does best and that is catch and shoot mid-range jumpers.

Its a weird situation with Ando in Houston though. He's probably the closest guy on their roster to a true centre, so are they planning to start him there? It doesn't seem like it, since he has been coming off the bench so far, and you'd think he is a well known enough commodity that Houston wouldn't mistakenly see him as a good enough rebounder/ defender to start at centre for them on a regular basis.

So what's their plan? Surely they don't intend on using 6'6 Hayes as their starting centre like they have so far? Outside of Andersen and Hayes, they basically have a brigade of 6'9 forwards incl Scola, so they are going to get hammered in the half court on a regular basis.

Maybe they want to lose big this year and pull a Spurs by landing a top draft pick to pair with a healthy Yao in 2010-11?

Reply #252156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All 11 points- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcAgURMsi9Y

Reply #252161 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

hey nice vision and great signs for him and the rockets... surely they wont start Hayes at C, surely.

Reply #252165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brooks is the rockets " go-to-guy" followed by scola without mcgrady. not ariza.

Reply #252166 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great clip anon...

Linky to it here: http://linky.com.au/8pksf

Reply #252178 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

LA Boy - pretty sure no one has said Ariza is 'better' than Artest, just that the Lakers were better with him. Two quite seperate things.

Reply #252183 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I see Andersen's place in the NBA being as an instant offence type guy, and that's a pretty good start in that game. Let's hope he can keep it up.

Reply #252186 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

thedoctor- I recall it had came up earlier in other threads. even when you looks at who fits better, I think Ron can fit just as well if not better than Trev cos of his rebound ability. I think Ron is much smarter than others think this time around.

Reply #252192 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Thanks for the footage anon.

Nice 'Dream Shake' by Ando against Shelden Williams where he got the and 1. Hadn't seen him put a post move on someone like that before!

He looked good there, moving to the right spots on the floor and waiting for his team mates to find him. He won't get as much space as that in the regular season though - the defence of Shelden Williams and Mike Sweetney in those clips was deplorable.

Reply #252204 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

When Scola is classed as a go to guy, then you know your franchise is seriously lacking on the offensive end.

Reply #252219 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Just thought I'd add to this thread that Ando has 12 pts (5-8), 3 rebs and a block in 21 mins in todays game against the Magic. Mainly going up against Gortat, who is well and truly out-rebounding him by the looks, but he is at least holding his own by scoring so consistently.

Reply #252421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Final: 5-9, 2-4 FT, 12pts, 7 rebounds, 1 block in 28mins and he started today. Well done DA.

Reply #252428 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Good stuff....

Reply #252431 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

And Jawai had another DNP...

Reply #252432 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

you guys know what, the way things are looking I would not be surprized if Andersen becomes a regular starter for Houston. it's not just cos he's done decent in the preseason game today, but he seems to be Rockets' best bet at 5 spot atm and given Rick likes big men like Andersen anyway I wouldn't be surprized if he gets a decent workout this season.

unless Rockets get a decent big men for the time been or Andersen seems to go-to 5 man and not saying he's a bad player but that will probably mean Rockets will be getting pounded down low night after night.

Reply #252440 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Makes sense LA Boy.

I always thought Andersen would be a good chance to be starting at some point during the season. He at least gives them a scoring option and can step up deep to hit from longe range also. So whilst he is likely to get exposed defensively against stronger more powerful C's, he can least potentially expose a few of them at the other end also.

Reply #252497 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:15 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754