bigSix
Years ago

How many games for Cortez Groves?

Are we going to allow Cortez Groves to suck in before every1 realises he actually sucks and that there is no excuse.

Topic #21236 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

that is a terrible call...get a clue he has been great so far!!

Reply #252347 | Report this post

jason  
Years ago

the guy went 5/15

he needs to find an occupation he's good at...

Reply #252348 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

WTF

Groves played well tonight. He didn't top score but his contribution was invaluable, and his defense was good.

Stop looking for imports to hate just because you have nothing better to do.

Reply #252360 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Groves has been well worth his salt so far. I agree, go bark up some other tree. In my book he is yet to put a foot wrong.

Jason, if 5/15 is a hangable offense, then we had better get rid of the captain too. Honestly, this thread is a joke.

Reply #252362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Groves played well and hit some big shots down the stretch

Reply #252370 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Baaaaaaad call. At least say that in the title so people know it's rubbish and therefore don't bother clicking on it.

Reply #252405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bad call u don't know much about bball

Reply #252456 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

i agree bad call!

Reply #252458 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Probably harsh call that could be proven right but might be serviceable but dont think will be th import to help us into grand final.
Not really a impact import anymore to feed off Gillys great work.
Defence work better than some other imports we have wasnt much help trying to hold Homicide

Reply #252482 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Groves has done OK so far IMO.

Reply #252547 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Don't hate on the Super Grover! The game I saw against the Breakers he was fine. He played good defence all game against probably the best backcourt in the league, he clearly still has the athleticism to get to the basket, and he stepped up to score points to get us rolling in the first few minutes and most importantly, near the end when the game was close.

Reply #252551 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I agree, Groves has been good so far. He still has the speed to get to the rack & his defence has been good. IMO he looks better when he is penerating rather than going for his fade away 3's.

Reply #252562 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Bad call - Groves has been very servicable in his time so far. I knew someone would latch on to the 5/15 FG and start shooting off about how horrible he is.

I've seen him play 3 times so far, and each time I have come away thinking that he was good in each game. There was only one small patch in the NZ game where he was trying to do too much with his dribble on the perimeter, and then shot a few fade away bricks.

He has been getting to the hole at will in each game against tough D, hitting some big shots late in each game and I think his D has been very good. He was a massive factor in keeping Penney scoreless two weeks ago.

Against the Crocs, a few of his great drives to the hoop rimmed out and he took a beat of contact on them, so was unlucky not to get a few calls. If two more of those drives do down, he is 7/15 and not so bad. One of his misses too was with about 1:45 left and it was sitting on the ring and about to drop, but Balls put a finger nail on it to ensure it went down. Groves was credited with the miss, Balls the two.

Don't get me wrong, I was just as sceptical with the signing as anyone else, but let's not hang him after three games where he's averaging around 10pts and 2 brds and 4 assists. Box scores don't always tell the story...

Reply #252563 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:01 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754