Ron T
Years ago

What is wrong with D Ng

What is wrong with D NG when he cramps up after only playing 15 mins? However he played and shot well while he was on.

Great finish, exciting game tonight after a crap 3rd quarter.

Topic #21237 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

exactly the reason eze should have got the spot before darren.

Reply #252372 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Ugh, Ng is many times better than Erik will ever be. Time to get over it Mrs. Burdon.

Reply #252377 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Ron, go ask Dr Ng Senior who was sitting at the end of the bench in his doctor's uniform. Surely he should be able to prescribe something that will alleviate the problem. Perhaps a good Scotch and Tonic. The quinine will work wonders if the alcohol doesn't make him wobbly on his feet.

Reply #252380 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Maybe he is like pat rafter, though he did sweat a huge amount.

Reply #252381 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Isn't cramping up all about a lack of salt and hydration?

Maybe he needs to review his hydration policy - ask that dude from the Gaterade ad!

Reply #252382 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

If your sweat isn't blue you're in trouble.

Reply #252388 | Report this post

MadeInThe'Laide  
Years ago

Some people just have a tendancy to cramp more than others... it isnt always down to lack of hydration etc.

Its just one of those unfortunate things for Darren I think.

Reply #252391 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

get him on the bananas asap

Reply #252423 | Report this post

Maybe he needs more and longer court time . He seems to suffer when played in short spurts and not when running most of the game.

Reply #252443 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I had a similar problem. Always cramped up late in a game, it was guaranteed. Started taking magnesium tablets before each game and since then have never had a cramp during a game. They are fantastic!

Reply #252447 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Darren's had this problem thru his whole career but i think he works thru it well...

Reply #252459 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Thats it AK . Magnesium and Potassium levels .

Gatorade and the like can actually have the opposite than desired effect . Too much sugar and sodium .

Endura is good as are Magnesium tablets . A Banana an hour before game can aid also .

Reply #252524 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

17 points from eight field attempts and a "What is wrong with D Ng" thread. Oh, and a "should've got Eze" post!

Reply #252543 | Report this post

Ron T  
Years ago

Issac, I never said there was anything wrong with his game, in fact what he did was excellent. I was just asking the question why an elite athlete can't run out a game, as we will need him to play deep into the last quarter more often than not. (Quaters which are now only 10 mins)

Reply #252556 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

He should get in contact with Pat Rafter as he experienced similar cramping and fatique issues throughout his tennis career as well.

Reply #252557 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Only saying it should be "what is right with d ng" after a night like that!

I'm sure that he, his dad and the team support staff know what's going on and have already tried the basics suggested here. Hill's ankle might be worth worrying about more.

Reply #252558 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From Boti:

"It's a concern," Ninnis said. "It's two games in a row now that it's happened to him and he does have a history of it.

"My understanding is he's taking all the appropriate tablets to prevent cramping."

Reply #252566 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:34 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754